Chapter 10

Every day is a brand new day. We start a new day, a chance to fix what we need to fix and get a second chance. A new beginning, a new day to keep moving forward.

Last night I had the widest smile on my face while I was walking home. That night, I knew that today would be a brand new day.

And while I was walking, I realized a lot of stuff. Not all rumors are true, and Lia wasn't anything like the rumors say she is. She may seem like a rude and bitchy girl, but once you get to know her, she's one of the sweetest girls you'll ever meet. Remembering what Karina told me before about her, well, she was right. And because of that, the moment I woke up this morning, I was very excited to see Lia. It always makes me happy whenever I have a new friend. So awhile ago in the classroom, she made a girl change seats with her so she could sit next to me (as always), and asked me if I wanted to watch them practice. With a grin on my face, I said that I'll go.

That's why right now, the four of us were hanging out on the bleachers, waiting for their coach. The other cheerleaders were on the field, doing some stretches while Lia and Karina were here with us. Karina was sitting while Winter was lying down on the bench, her head on Karina's lap. While me and Lia were sitting in the next row below them.

"I wonder when will you guys break up," Lia blurted.

"Are you kidding me?" Karina said in disbelief.

"Do I look like I'm kidding?"

"I don't know, you tell me,"

"We will never break up," Winter stepped in the conversation.

"And how could you be so sure?" Lia questioned, her eyebrow raised.

"Cause we're madly in love with each other," Winter simply said, looking at Karina while she's caressing her hair.

"What if she cheated?" Lia pushed, asking her best friend this time.

"She's not-"

"What if,"

"Then I'll break up with her. I'm sure Win will do the same if I'm the one who cheated,"

"That's it? You guys won't give each other a chance?"

"Nope. Cause if we really loved each other, then there should have been no cheating that happened. Simple as that,"

"What if Win will change for you?"

"Still no. I don't want to be with someone who'll realize how much she loves me just because she lost me," Karina gave Winter a peck on her forehead.

"What if you, Winter, want more and you're searching that more in someone?"

"Why would I search more from someone else? If I wanted more, then I'll search that in her. If I couldn't find it, then I'll search for it in me. But just so you know that I don't need more. I'm contented with what we have now," she beamed.

Lia was amazed at how much they love each other. I was pretty amazed too, cause I've never seen a couple whose love was so pure and genuine. It's hard to find a love like that nowadays.

"What about you, huh, Lia? When will you get a girlfriend?" Karina asked, turning the tables on Lia.

Lia shrugged. "Do you think I have a chance to be with a straight girl?" Out of the corner of my eye, I saw her jerk her head towards me.

It caught my attention so now I was facing her. "Excuse me?"

"Oh my god, Yeji. Don't tell me you don't know?" Winter sat up, looking at me like I was crazy.

"Know what?" They all did a facepalm at my obliviousness. I watched them with a confused look on my face, trying to figure out what they are saying.