End of Year 5 (chapter 28)

Author's note:
There's only about 12 chapters left😢 If I can, then I will publish a chapter every day next week! I hope you enjoy!

Also, happy New Year! 🥳
———————————————

Word count: 1.8k
Warning: Mentions of poison

It's June and almost the end of the school year. The weather is getting quite hot which isn't good for Severus - he's still wearing the scarf that Y/N gave him.

That's right, he likes the scarf so much that he's torturing himself by still wearing it. People have been giving him odd looks, but he doesn't care.

Sitting next to Minerva, Severus tucks into his meal as the woman sighs.

"I wonder where Albus is. I do hope he will return soon so we can get rid of her" she says, referring to Umbridge.

Severus can't help but snort at that which he hides by coughing a few times.

"Indeed. I can't wait for him to return so the toad can step down. Her and her ridiculous rules are getting on my nerves" he agrees.

"Ahem, ahem" somebody says next to the Transfiguration teacher. It's the toad.

They both ignore her. Umbridge huffs before returning to her meal, looking offended.

Minerva then gives Severus a concerned look. "You must really like that scarf, Severus. However, don't you think you should take it off? It's summer, for Merlin's sake!" she tells him.

Severus sighs. "Fine, I will... Tomorrow" he says. Shaking her head in disapproval, Minerva takes a sip of her pumpkin juice.
______________________________

About two weeks later, the toad has asked for Severus' presence in her office. He sighs at that. He hates her office - it's all pink with pictures of cats everywhere. Ugh.

As he enters, he's surprised by hearing the sound of a slap. The toad just slapped Potter.

He's not sure if he should scold her or applaud her. He decides to ignore it.

"You sought for me, Headmistress?" he asks in his usual monotone voice, though he fought back the urge to call her what she is - a toad.

"Snape! Yes, the time has come for answers, whether they want to give them to me or not. Have you brought the Veritaserum?" Umbridge demands, waiting.

"I'm afraid you've used up all my stores in interrogating students, the last of it on Ms. Chang" he tells her. He does still have some left, she however doesn't need to know that.

"Unless you wish to poison him, and I'll assure you, I would have the greatest sympathy if you did... I cannot help you" he says, trying to make her believe him.

However, he would be relieved if she did poison the boy. All of his problems might actually disappear if she did. But they obviously can't do that.

Just as Severus is about to leave, Potter interrupts him.

"He's got Padfoot! He's got Padfoot at the place where it's hidden" the boy exclaims, looking concerned.

Meanwhile, Umbridge looks absolutely confused. "Padfoot? What is Padfoot? Well, what's hidden? What's he talking about, Snape?" she questions the Potions Master.

Severus makes sure to look confused as well. "No idea" he simply says before leaving.

Great, now he has to make sure that Black is okay. Could the Dark Lord really have taken him to the Department of Mysteries at the Ministry? Or is it simply an illusion for the boy to go there?
______________________________