4. Is it a date?

"Dammit he just left like that?" Cleo stands there frowning as she watches Jungkook walk away

"Dammit he just left like that?" Cleo stands there frowning as she watches Jungkook walk away. "What is his fucking problem?" She throws her hands in the air and turns to Iseul. Iseul clicks her tongue at her friend and shakes her head. "You are pushing too hard. You drove him away. Couldn't you just shut up and enjoy the time around him? You mentioned 'date' he left. As simple as that."

Cleo crosses her arms against the chest and squints her eyes as she speaks, "I'm sorry, I drove him away?" she scoffs. "If I don't remind him that I am around him for a date, he is probably going to treat me like a kid and buy me cotton candy. I'm a woman not a kid and I need to make it clear to him," she shrugs. Iseul purses her lips and suppresses a smile. "You are a kid."

Cleo snorts. "I'm more mature than you," she says. "Oh really?" Iseul asks before looking behind Cleo and pointing. "Is that a scooby doo mascot?" Cleo turns around almost instantly and snaps her head back at Iseul fuming. "Mature, yeah very much," Iseul walks away.

"That is called embracing inner child. You tricked me," Cleo yells. "I'm surprised my uncle didn't take you on that tea cup ride. Would have been mad funny," Iseul chuckles to herself. "Young lady, at least let's enjoy the trip to disneyland. It was supposed to be a girl's time," she locks her hand in Iseul and drags her along.

"That was fun," Iseul hugs Cleo. They are back at Cleo's place after their girl's time. "It sure was. You should stay for dinner," Cleo insists. Iseul unlocks her car as she shakes her head. "Family dinners man. My mom is gonna eat my brain with a spoon if I don't show up. She is gonna give me an earful already for being late," Iseul says. "Yeah, it sucks to be you," Cleo chuckles. Iseul nods as she gets in the car.

"At least I'm my uncle's favorite," Iseul winks. Cleo's face wrinkles into disgust instantly. "That's incest you bitch," she fakes a vomit. "I meant in a platonic way you hoe," Iseul rolls her eyes and waves at her before driving away. Cleo smiles as she watches her friend drive away and disappear on the road. She takes a deep breath and walks into her home.

It is only seven in the morning when Cleo's phone rings. Everyone who knows her, knows it well that she doesn't wake up in the morning. Most importantly she doesn't answer calls in the morning. The same reason she doesn't put her phone on silent. She groans and curses under her breath as she fumbles for her phone somewhere on the bed.

"Motherfucker," she curses as she sees an unknown number calling her. "Yo, it's seven in the morning. You have no better time to call?"

"Cleopatra?"

She springs up after hearing the voice. "Sorry, did I wake you? Iseul told me you are a morning person," he says. Cleo freezes on her bed, she thinks she is dreaming. "Cleopatra? I guess it's not a good time to call," he says.

"Mr-Mr. Jeon-n," she covers her mouth. "I'm sorry, I was surprised. Is there something wrong? Did your car give you any trouble?" she asks, getting out of her bed. "No, I was wondering if we could go out to get some coffee? I have time before I go to work and I believe you do too," he says. She covers her mouth and jumps as she swings her free hand in the air. "Yeah, sure. Coffee sounds good," she says. "Okay, you can tell me a good place near you. I will go there," he says. "I'll text you Mr. Jeon," she says and ends the call. She jumps around the room and dances before she remembers Iseul.

"I'm a morning person? Guess you will have some answering to do Iseul," she scrunches her nose before making her way towards the bathroom.

The real question sticks to her after she brushes her teeth. What should she wear? What he would have worn. Should she go in her joggers or should she wear something? "Fuck, why can't he just call me for a fucking dinner? Now I don't know what to wear," she groans. Her phone chimes to make her more anxious.

Mr. Jeon

Be there in five

"Does he think I'm a robot? How am I supposed to dress up in five?" She is already pulling out a black turtleneck sweater and checkered black cotton pants out. She throws them on and does her makeup in the car on the way. She rushes in the shop and looks for him. Her heart drops when she spots him. He is wearing solid colour joggers with the hoodie on his head. He was typing something on the phone and smirking. She sighs. She is over dressed. No, she looks like his fucking secretary called early in the morning for a meeting she didn't want to attend. She runs fingers through her hair in frustration and walks to him.

"Mr. Jeon," she smiles as she approaches him. "Cleopatra," he smiles and points at the seat. He chuckles after she sits. She is pretty sure it's because her dress made it obvious that she is excited. "I just wanted to treat you to a good coffee for the favour you did," he says. "You mean fixing your car?" she asks. He nods.

"I didn't know Mr. Jeon settles to only coffee while returning favors," she jerks her brows. He leans back on his chair and smiles. "What else were you expecting?" he asks. "Hmm, I don't know, dinner? Or lunch maybe? Oh wait, a diamond necklace," she leans forward and widens her eyes. Jungkook laughs. "You are funny." Cleo shrugs and smiles, "I'm glad I am."

"Shall we order?" he asks. "Coffee sounds too bland. Let's have breakfast," she says, putting her hands on the table. "I don't eat breakfast this early," he sounds apologetic. "Mr. Jeon, you wake me up at seven in the morning and make me hungry with all the smells coming from the kitchen then expect me to settle for coffee? That's too bad," she pouts. "Then you have breakfast, I'll just have coffee," he says and calls for the waiter.

"You are one tough hole to fit in, right?" she asks. Jungkook looks at her and gently smiles. "Am I?" he asks. He only looks simply at her but it flusters her up. "Your order please," one of the waiter's came to them. "I'll have a regular coffee and you will?" He looks at her. She scans the menu and looks up. "Bring me an avocado toast and lemon water," she smiles. The waiter repeats their order before nodding and walking away.

"Straight from the work out session?" she asks. "I prefer jogging in the morning," he says. "Hard to believe that you look fit just by jogging," she props her chin on her hand. "Well, I workout in between my work. Whenever I get time," he says. "Wow," she smiles. "Tips to stay young like you?" she darts her eyes to the coffee that just landed on the table and then at him smiling. "It's a secret," he takes a sip of his coffee. "Such a tease," she chuckles.

"Here is your order mam," her breakfast comes up next. The rest of the time goes by Cleo trying to get some info on him and him just striking her with cheeky answers. He is a tough hole to fit in.

"Thanks for the meal," she says after they come out. "No problem. I'm just returning a favour," he reminds her. "You are never going to call it a date huh?" she asks. He sighs as he unlocks his car. "We are not a match, Cleopatra. I don't understand why you are trying too hard. Don't be your own headache," he says and gets in the car.

"You are going to tell that without even knowing me?" she is offended. "I'm not interested in knowing you, have a good day," he waves at her and drives away. Cleo watches as he drives away. A string tugging her heart, a numb pain in it.

"Asshole," she mutters under her breath. 

Leave votes and comments. Your feedback is fuel to my writing

Donations on Kofi are open if you like my works.

Commissions are always open. Drop message ⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾