What They Need

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

"She already sent a letter back?"

I ask, a bit surprised at how fast Cersei would actually reply. Daenerys, Jon, Varys, Tyrion and a handful of others, including myself, sit around the carved table at Dragonstone.

I lean back in my chair while my legs are crossed on the table, boasting a little bit at the fact that I just made the Lioness crack.

"Yes."

"And her response?"

Daenerys asks Tyrion.

"My sister asks if my brother has been mistreated at all. And if he..still has his hand."

He glares a little bit at me and I shrug my shoulders. If Cersei had not responded within the week, I probably wouldn't have done anything. Besides, we have more important things to be doing anyways.

"Has she set a time for us to meet?"

I ask and Varys steps forward, a raised brow in confusion.

"Forgive me, Your Grace. But what do we need from Cersei? It's very rare for me to have to ask for knowledge on things but I am baffled at what you think she can possibly give us to face the army of the dead?"

I nod a little, understanding where he's coming from. I glance at Daenerys, sighing a little bit.

"I'm sure you all know of Wildfire, correct?"

I ask and everyone nods, knowing just what it was used for by the Mad King.

"Fire kills the Wights. The Mad King stored caches of Wildfire all over King's Landing during the Rebellion. He was going to burn the city to the ground had Ser Jaime not put an end to him."

"Did he tell you this when you spoke with hin?"

Daenerys questions and I nod.

"And you believe she will give up such a weapon?"

"I do. We have her brother, and if you believe the rumors to be true, her lover. I would do whatever it takes to get you back if I had lost you, do you think Cersei would be any different with Jaime?"

"Please don't compare our love with whatever they are."

Daenerys says with a slight glare and I gulp slightly, nodding.

"Sorry."

Jon steps forward, leaning on the table.

"This sounds like a good plan. Even if we are outnumbered by the dead, the combination of Dragonfire and Wildfire will even out the playing field."

I smile at Jon and look at the others, seeing their hesitation.

"This is how we make sure that we win, that we survive. If anyone objects, here's your chance to say your piece."

I say, standinging up and looking around the room at each one of them.

"Csrsei wants to meet in the old Dragonpit on Rhaenys' Hill tomorrow at mid-day."