The Lords and Ladies of the North

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

Throughout the week and a half of traveling, I've been practicing with both Dawn and Robb's sword, getting used to the weight of it. His sword was so much more simpler than mine was. Mine as longer and had a wolf on it whilst his is just a plain longsword.

Robb was simple and complex at the same time. He was a king but I never got to see him wear a crown. Jon's a king, too. Was, or is, I don't even know. He's pledged himself and the North to Daenerys and I but I don't know how I feel about the North kneeling.

It was never our strong suit.

I've practiced swordplay with Daenerys throughout our traveling days and to say she's a full expert now would be a huge overstatement. I try to at least make her practice for two hours every night but she ends up only getting an hour in before she drags me to bed her.

That woman is so irresistible.

My horse huffs a bit, it's heavy breath showing in the winter cold as we ride towards Wintertown. A place I never imagined going to again.

Glancing over my shoulder, I smile at the sight behind us. The sound of the ever marching feet of Unsullied and Dothraki horses beat loudly across the grey wasteland that's the North. The might of 160,000 men, the greatest army the world has ever seen.

And it's entirely possible that those men will be dead when the Night King comes.

For some reason, for the past week, I feel as if I'm constantly being watched. And just last night under the furs with Daenerys, the candles in our tent blew out without as much as a breath of wind inside.

All I see in my dreams are icy blue eyes staring into mine. The emptiness of death.

But I shake my thoughts as I glance beside me, seeing Daenerys riding her horse in between Jon and I. It really reminds me the the three-headed dragon of the Targaryen sigil, for some reason or another.

We enter Wintertown as Winterfell appears just past it in the distance.

"It feels good to be home."

Jon says through a smile and I look around at the Northern people of Wintertown, seeing the looks in their eyes. Judgement, mistrust, fear, anger all jumbled together at the sight of us all.

"Quite."

I state simply.

"It's beautiful as you had said."

Daenerys speaks to Jon with a smile before looking at me.

"How do you feel about being back here, Evie?'

My throat tightens a bit as I force myself to stay looking up ahead at Winterfell in the distance.

"Cold.."

Both of their eyes are on me and I hold my arms against my chest, tugging the reins a bit tighter, bothering my horse a bit as it huffs.

"I feel cold being back here. It's like seeing a memory from a past life."

I half-whisper and I feel a hand on my back, making me turn to see Daenerys with a comforting smile on her face.