Part 37

"What's that over there?"

Rhythm is looking out the windows and notices something abnormal with the sky. There are dark spots among the dark clouds. The differences between the clouds and the spots are so clear that he can't help but take notice.

Queen Viola also comes to look out the windows, at the dark sky and heavy rain. There really are noticeable dark spots in the clouds. Closing her eyes, Queen Viola activates her power of [Void] to look through space and reopens her eyes to see what makes these noticeable dark spots in the clouds.

"Aerial...variant...beasts..." Queen Viola narrows her eyes as she changes her focus to see why they are flying so close to the Castle, above the Capital, "Dropping...variant...beasts...on...the...gates..." looking down, Queen Viola finally knows why the Castle seems empty, "Engaged...in...battle..." as she turns her body around, she also notices a new addition on the battlefield at the East Gate, "Ray..."

Closing her eyes, Queen Viola can't help but hold her head, muttering to herself, "Who could have instructed these variant beasts to attack the Castle?" sighing, Queen Viola opens her eyes to meet the sight of her guests in the same space as her, "What should we do?"

Queen Viola is thinking of joining the battlefield, preferably the East Gate as King Ray's support. However, they are now, hiding here, to protect her. Queen Viola doesn't want to selfishly ignore the care her guests have shown her. Thus, her dilemma.

"Wait a minute," Rhythm asks for a timeout, "I'm sorry, but, what's going on??"

Flos thinks Queen Viola's words indicate: "There are variant beasts attacking the Castle?" to sum it up simply

Queen Viola nods, affirming Flos's deduction, "The Castle guards and the Knights are all fending off the variant beasts that are attacking the Castle, dropped by the aerial variant beasts on the gates. The Maids and Butlers are also there to help take care of the wounded," dropping her gaze, Queen Viola murmurs, "It is just a brief look, but the number of the wounded has exceeded my expectation,"

It seems like the battles have been going on for a long time. However, how could they fail to realise it until now?

Flos looks up, looks at the sides, and looks down. She is not thinking of a solution, just moving her head aimlessly. Rhythm who knows Flos's mind is currently blank decides to be the 1 to make the decision. So he decides, "Let's take care of the aerial variant beasts 1st," since they are already pretty high up and the aerial variant beasts should be within reach.

Thinking of his previous experience with the aerial variant beast, Rhythm makes sure to declare to Flos, "I can't fight the beasts in such weather," so don't throw him out

This weather... Right. Flos's companions also detest fighting in such weather. However, what must be done has to be done. Fortunately, it is just heavy rain, without the company of thunder.

"I will try taking them down," Flos reluctantly walks to the windows, which causes Rhythm and Queen Viola to stand far away from that place to avoid disturbing Flos plus so they won't get wet from the rainwater after a bath. Flos looks at them, with a pout, as she tells Queen Viola, "I will pull down the birds, so there might be some property damages,"

"I will take full responsibility for the collateral damage that incurs," Queen Viola guarantees, saying what Flos wants to hear with certainty

Flos smiles at Queen Viola 1st then confidently opens the windows, ignoring her state of getting drenched by the rain, to take out Picky Eater and Lashes. Lashes takes and puts Picky Eater's seed on the roof. They can't see it, but once Lashes placed Picky Eater, the variant flower which is 1 of Flos's companions instantly regains its original form, as a carnivorous variant plant that is eager to start a feast. With this anticipation of a feast, Picky Eater ignores the heavy rain pouring on itself.