Chapter 35

میں چاہتا تھا مجھ سے بچھڑ کر وہ خوش رہے،لیکن  وہ  خوش  ہوا  تو  بڑا  دکھ  ہوا  مجھے - جون ایلیا

لیکن  وہ  خوش  ہوا  تو  بڑا  دکھ  ہوا  مجھے
- جون ایلیا

/////

His heart was bleeding.

The storm Mohsin was carrying inside was wrenching his heart. It was she who had brought him to a ledge from where all he could see was his destruction. He used to find his solace in her and she deprived him of that.

No matter how hard he tried to banish his feelings for her, all it took was one glance, one freaking glance and it was all back; the whirls of emotions. And now that someone else wore the ring of his name, he couldn't be any ashamed.

Was he even good enough?

His phone pinged, diverting his thoughts from one woman to another, the one who would send him a 'good night' text at this time before going to bed. He never replied to her texts but with passage of time, he had fallen accustomed to her non-stop good-nights.

It was after this little text, he knew Layla, his fiancée, used to go to sleep. But he? He stayed up, in regrets and remorse. What if I fail her too? He felt immensely bad for the girl who world called her his to be wife. But could he call her that when he hadn't given her any of the rights like this?; when his thoughts worshiped that one woman who was now someone's respect, someone's wife?

How messed up his mind was!

Taking a cold shower, he came out of the bathroom and started to dry his hair.

Walking to his paino that laid in a corner of his adjoined room, he played it. Natasha always used to leave the chores and sit for a while to listen to her son as his fingers did magic on the keys.

To the world it was just chords, beautiful chords but it was his Lord and the walls of his heart that knew he was voicing out his pain through notes.

He never stopped amazing himself. All those days he had truly missed his bestfriend but when she showed up, he walked away. It was as if he couldn't manage the sight of her. As if the look in her eyes killed him because she always looked up at him as a bestfriend but he? He considered her more than that. And nothing had purely damaged his heart like she did and that too unknowingly.

It was his phone again, the intruder. But the caller name was someone he was least expecting to talk to right now, the one he was thinking about.

"Assalam-o-Alaykum, Amarha!" He clasped the mobile between his ear and shoulder as his fingers went on the keys, seeing if any dust particle was there.

"Walaikum Assalam, Mohsin! Kesay ho?"

"Alhamdulillah. What about you?"

"Alhamdulillah."