Chapter 30

Namjoon POV:

"Damn it's hot here right now!" We had just stepped off the plane in Rio de Janeiro for our set of concerts in Brazil and the temperature change was a little shocking. When we had left Los Angeles almost 11 hours ago, the evening had been cool, but the sunshine in Brazil was blazing and I could feel a bead of sweat roll down my back. We hurried up and got into the cars waiting for us, thankful for the air conditioning that immediately helped to cool us down, making me grateful for modern technology.

Once all the members were situated, the cars left the airport and headed towards the hotel. I knew Jin was excited to be here since he loved performing for our Brazilian fans so much. They have such amazing energy and it felt good to be back there after so much time had passed. It felt like decades, when in reality it had been close to four years. Just like being in the US, I loved getting the chance to see International ARMY. They didn't speak our language, but they sure as hell could sing our songs and that meant something to me, something I couldn't really explain.

The cars pulled up in front of Janeiro Hotel and I could see the blue of the ocean behind it. We had stayed here once before and the views from the balconies are amazing. It was one of the places I would love to bring Y/N to, to drink coffee with her in the morning or wine in the evening. To show her how happy I was that she was my soulmate, to show her how well we were going to take care of her, love her, appreciate her in the way she deserves.

We waited in the car while Sejin checked us in, security standing by. After a plea from both us and the company to fans, the crowds outside the hotel were not crazy as they have been before. Even coming through the airport wasn't terrible. There were some fans, but for the most part they remained respectful and kept their distance. We gave the customary waves and smiles before being hustled quickly out. Although they were being respectful, we never could be too careful. There were always a few that didn't understand boundaries, that didn't respect our privacy, our private lives, and our right to move peacefully without being mobbed by screaming fans. I knew it was the life of an idol, but I was also a person first and wanted to be treated as such.

After a few moments, our managers returned, gesturing for us to follow. We were given keys to rooms and VIP access cards to the elevator. It was one of the perks of this particular hotel. We were the only guests on the VIP floor so we would have our privacy and be able to let loose, at least a little bit. We took the elevator up to our floor and I had to smile as I listened to Jimin and Taehyung's conversation. They were still talking about our sweet soulmate, talking about the places they wanted to take her when she moved to Korea.

"Ohh... I want to take her to Snoopy Garden!" Jimin's voice was excited as he spoke and I remembered the photos he had taken when he had visited there during our last break in 2021. It was a cute little nature park on Jeju Island, a short plane ride from Seoul. It was also a short ferry ride from Busan so it would be a nice side trip if Jimin decided to take her there after visiting his parents.

Taehyung nodded in agreement. "What about Namsan Seoul Tower or Ansan Starlight Village?"

"Those can be pretty romantic! Or what about the LED White Rose Garden? That's pretty romantic too." I couldn't help but laugh at their conversation, at the clear happiness in their voices as they talked about the things they wanted to share with her.

As we stepped off the elevator, I looked over at Jin, who had been silent the whole time, but he was staring at something on his phone, the frustration visible on his face. I put my hand on his shoulder, startling him from his thoughts. "You alright Jin-hyung?"

Jin shook his head as though to clear his head. "Yeah. Just... wedding stuff." His voice was tired, frustrated and I knew he was having trouble with Mi-suk. She had been messaging him nonstop over the last few days, calling him several times a day, wanting to discuss the wedding. I had walked in on a few phone calls where the agitation was clear in his voice as he talked about flowers, centerpieces and cakes.