7

You know you're doing good when you get 1k under a week ayy

I looked up from my computer as footsteps became gradually louder. Like expected, Ross barged into my office. "You ready to go?"

Joe eventually caught up. "I tried to stop him but he's like a freight train"

I looked at them both calmly. "It's okay. Ross, I'm not going"

He sat opposite me and stared around as I spoke.

"I sent you three texts saying I wasn't going" I sighed. "I'm exhausted and right now all I need is some stir fry, a bath and a good night's sleep"

"And you can have all of that, later" he insisted. "I can't bail on my parents"

"Your parents?!" I almost screamed and my head ached even more. He nodded slowly. "Definitely no, I look like a sack of cement right now"

"You look fine okay, now let's go" Ross stood up and loosened up his tie impatiently.

"Okay" I stood up. "You're a marketer. Persuade me to go"

He looked at me surprised. "Game on!"

+++

"What took you guys so long?" Mrs Lynch stood up from the table with a cheery smile. "Oh well doesn't matter now, how are you?"

I hugged her and only then I noticed I was actually in the restaurant. I looked at Ross and he gave me a smug grin.

I can't even remember what he did, only that he held up a pen to me. I looked around at the fancy restaurant, mostly consumed by very well dressed couples and low lights, soft jazz music playing in the background.

"I'm okay thank you" I smiled back and sat down after he pulled the chair out for me.

"So" Mr Lynch spoke up. "How are things going? Since you moved in yesterday, I assume?"

"It's been alright, hasn't it?" Ross looked at me and I nodded. "I'm not that bad"

"Not as bad as I thought it would be I suppose, although, he did somehow manage to convince me to come here yet I'm exhausted"

Mrs Lynch looked at her son with a slight grin. "Should've let her have a rest, dummy"

"But I didn't want to bail on you guys" he explained and picked up the menu. "What would you like?"

"Whatever you have will be fine" I smiled at him.

"No, you pick something"

"I'm serious, I'll eat anything-"

Mr and Mrs Lynch smiled at us. "Your bickering is adorable"

I looked at my hands, my cheeks already burning. Get me out of here. This is all my ancestors' fault, them and their ridiculous idea of arranging girls to marry men. Whatever happened to being an individual without relying on men. Sure they are great fun but girls only need them to make chi-

Ross elbowed me and I looked up. "Huh?"

They all laughed and made me even more confused.

"Dad asked if we've found any common interests" he explained with an amused smile.

"Not exactly" I blinked. "Let's just say he's North and I'm South"

"We can help out!" Mrs Lynch grew excited. "Do you play any instruments?"

"I play violin and guitar, and I used to play piano"

"Used to?" Ross asked.

"I'll tell you later" I said and looked at him. "Do you play anything?"

"I play piano too" he smiled. "And guitar. And bass. And drums"

"Woah" I commented. "Thank you"

A medium sized plate consisting of steak, a portion of rice and salad. My stomach growled loudly and I heard Ross stifling a laugh. Dear God.

"Favourite brand?" He asked.

"Chanel & Victoria's Secret. How about you?" I began to eat.

"Ralph Lauren usually but can't go wrong with Diesel" he flicked his collars. I shook my head playfully and continued to eat. Soon, I reached over for a drink.

"Have you guys talked about having children?-"

And like last week, water prevented me from breathing which forced me to have a coughing attack. Ross tapped my back, sharing the same startled look upon his face.

"Did you just say children?!" I exclaimed. "I'm 21-years-old, by the way"

"It's something worth considering" Mrs Lynch smiled. "We had our Riker when we were a tiny bit older than Ross"

"Mom" he hissed but she was so caught up in this grandmother daydream she didn't even hear him.

I chuckled awkwardly. "My uterus is doing fine empty, and it will for a long time," I tapped my stomach twice. "thank you"

Kill me now.

+++

"What are you reading?"

I looked up from my Travel magazine and my eyes settled on Ross who currently had a towel around his waist, leaving the rest uncovered.

I'm not complaining.

"Just a magazine about Hawaii" I replied and flicked the page. "Your parents are the cutest things"

"Yeah, they are nice" he returned to the bathroom. "Did you take your pills?"

"Yeah" I put the magazine away as he came to lay down. He looked at me carefully as I played with Lilly's ears. "What?"

"Nothing, I just never realised how pretty you are. I mean, yes you do look nice during the day but no make up suits you so much better"

"You want something, go on tell me" I faced him.

"Let me kiss you"

I laughed. "No"

"Sooner or later I will have to do it, you know?" He winked. "Well, that and a bit more but we can steady the buffs for now"

I chuckled and pulled the covers over myself. "Goodnight Ross"

I felt his lips against my cheek and opened one eye to find him smirking.

"You never said cheeks were off limits"

double update yess