23

it's not the whole Louis leaving thing that deeply hurt Harry, it's the betrayal on his face.

they were now standing silently in louis' room as he packs his belongings in his suit case. Harry's standing silently, he feels guilty, but he doesn't want to disappoint his father.

"Louis, I'm sorry I-"

"Harry, it's okay we've talked about this" Louis interrupts, his voice dull and tired.

"I need you to understand that I had no choice" Harry quietly says, putting his hands on his hips.

"I understand you had no choice, and I know I should be mad, but I'm not" Louis zips his bag and turns to harry. "you were my first everything Harry, and i know now's not the time but I can't feel anything towards you but fond" he takes his hand into his and looks him in his eyes.

"it's because I love you, Harry."

the world stops spinning for a second. All the air gets knocked out of Harry's lungs.

"Louis, are you done?" They hear Sally call out.

"yeah I'll be right there" he yells back. He turns to harry, and shares a sad smile, before walking out of the room.

there were a few people from the castle watching Louis leave. Almost everyone here were his family, and so was Alex. He was watching with a heavy heart, barley able to swallow back his own tears.

"Louis!" Louis turns around to see Charlotte running towards him.

"hello there little lady" he smiles as he kneels infront of her, to be at her height.

"where are you going?" She innocently asks. Louis plasters a fake smile on his face.

"I'm going on a little trip" he cups her face and runs his thumb over her cheekbone.

"can I come with you?" She asks once again, not having a single clue, oblivious to the tension in the air.

"I fear not, little one."  He smiles at her, trying to comfort her.

"well, can you come back soon, i wanna play with you" she hugs him, wrapping her little arms around his neck. Louis hugs back, tightly.

when Lottie finally let's go of Louis, he stands up, his eyes accidentally catching Harry's eyes. Everyone had walked away a few minutes ago, leaving Louis and Harry alone.

"Lou", Harry walks over to him and takes his hand into his, running his thumb over his knuckles.

"Don't" Louis warms with a strict tone, but the fond smile still gracing his features.

Harry sighs and instead, cups louis' face and attaches their lips together, into yet another and possibly their last kiss.

it feels the same as their first kiss. They don't want to break apart. But they have to.

"I'll try to get you back as soon as possible." Harry kisses louis' head and Louis nods, his tears finally making their presence clear.

"goodbye, Harry" Louis tangles his hands with Harry's fingers and gives him a smile, despite the tears running down his face , before letting go of Harry.

and then it finally comes crashing down on Harry.

louis' no longer here.

he's not longer going to be woken up by tiny kisses, or pokes to his dimples. He's not longer going to be cuddles in the morning until they both end up falling asleep again.

he's no longer going to be in love with someone.

                            ****

"Harry, come down here and eat with us!" Anne yells through the door. It's been a few days since Louis has left, and Harry has not been himself. He doesn't come out to eat with them, he doesn't smile at everyone he sees, he doesn't try and charm everyone like his parents taught him.

he doesn't answer, instead, he continues staring out of the window , getting flashbacks of when he used to wave at Louis in the mornings.

he then hears his door being cracked open. He turns around, eyebrow furrowed in confusion and annoyance.

it's his dad.

"Son" the dread is already blossoming in his veins. Harry rolls his eyes instead of answering.

"why did you stop coming down to eat with us? To talk with us?" The way he's formally talking makes Harry sick to the stomach. He wanted to have a father to a son talk, not a king to a prince conversation.

"cause I don't want to" he crosses his arms across his chest and clenches his jaw tightly, hopping that will stop the words from spilling out.

Des takes a few minutes to run his eyes over his face. The tension can oy grow in the room.

"all of that because of that twink that just left?" Des snarls. Harry scowls. "We get it, he was a good fuck, but you have to get over it and focus on the upcoming marriage between you and Kendall"

"You-" Harry takes a step closer, pointing an accusing finger towards his father. "-get out of my room now."

"is that how you treat your father?" Des scowls, anger written all over his face. He raises his arm, ready to let it collide with Harry's face. But Harry catches his wrist just in time, never breaking eye contact.

"yes, now get out of my fucking room" he tightens his grip around his father's wrist before dropping it when  des' face was painted in pain.

Des looks horrified. He reaches from the door knob and doesn't waste a second before walking downstairs, pretending as if nothing happened.