Chapter 28: The Most Awaited Day

"A long-lasting marriage is built by two people who believe in -and live by the solemn promise they made." — Darlene Schacht

.........

( Partially Edited )

Alessandra POV

The Stag party and my bridal shower all at once will be held at the Private Lounge Bar tonight. The girls are too excited about the said party.

Inside our room, Georgia and Lucy cannot make up their mind about what to wear.

There was a variety of dresses haphazardly strewn on the big bed. All sorts of high-heeled shoes were scattered on the floor recklessly.

It looked utterly chaotic inside the bedroom.

"This is crazy." Georgia groaned.

I was putting my makeup on.

And hearing her complaint halted me from what I was doing.

I whipped my head in her direction as she hung the dress infront of her while she grimaced occasionally.

Lucy was laughing softly at Georgia's unlikely predicament.

"How on earth a Pro - runway model and an editor in chief of a very prominent Fashion magazine were having trouble picking her outfit tonight? How ironic!" Lucy goaded as she crossed her arms over her chest. Her eyes are brimming with amusement.

"Can I be honest?" Georgia asked as she threw the dress on the bed in frustration and plopped down on the edge of the bed.

I put my blusher on the vanity and strolled closer to where she perched on the bed. Lucy followed, eyeing her intently.

Like a prying dog, we both waited before we barked.

"I like Antonio," she blatantly admitted, and she heaved an exasperated sigh. Then, she looked at us, expecting us to mock her.

"You do like him! My instinct is always right," Lucy proclaimed as she snapped her finger right across of Georgia's scowling face.

Georgia raised her eyebrow, meeting Lucy's eyes.

"What do you mean?" she innocently asked as she stood up.

"What did you do to Antonio that aggravated him and became cold at you?" Lucy inquired with a knitted eyebrow as she rested her two hands on her hips like most mothers did when they interrogated their child.

"Nothing!" she answered and looked away. I silently watched as Lucy tried to press on her.

I like Georgia.

And I would love her to be my sister-in-law if Antonio truly likes her. She'll match Antonio's character.

"There's something in your eyes you're not keen to divulge, Georgia," Lucy uttered with mischief as she watched her closely.

"Ok," she sighed defeatedly. "I told him...Uhm. I, I like him." she stuttered and let out an embarrassed sigh.

"He said I'm not the girl he wanted to date, far from reality. He said with his icy tone, which made me cringe whenever I recall it, " she explained as she hung her head downward, refusing to meet our gaze.

Gone was the intimidating, confident Georgia I met. She looks like the new naive, innocent Georgia.

My sympathy goes to her, and my heart clenched with the thought that Antonio rejected her heartlessly.

Lucy suddenly burst into a fit of laughter.

I whipped my head to Lucy, frowning. I was stunned that she could laugh at Georgia's predicament.