Twenty

It was surprising that her sister had gotten the marrige license since they were denied previously. That morning, her hair was done prettily and she put on a very expensive blue dress on. Waiting for something so big to happen was hard. What do you do all day before such a big event?

Luckily, William came for her and he was seemingly the cure to her boredom. She made her way downstairs and greeted him at thr bottom.

"Are you trying to outshine your sister today?" He joked before walking with her outside.

"You know I cannot leave the spotlight."

Eventually, they reached the gardens. People smiled at them as they walked by. She noticed that he was a little nervous. He was always so collected, so this was strange.

"My, my. Look who's all jittery." She jested with the man. He looked back at her and a smile cracked.

"So you think I'm confident? Good." He stated before stopping in his tracks. She looked at him confused, he had just stopped so suddenly. "You know how I thought so lowly of you at first, but then we became friends?" William asked.

"Of course I do."

"Well, I have gotten the chance to know you, and somehow you understand me. My humor matches yours completely, like we just match. I want to be able to spend more moments like the one we share together for a long time. You have completely stolen my heart, something I've never truly felt before. So put me out of my misery, and be my wife."

Emme felt almost faint, but he did want this. She couldn't not smile at his proposal. He was a sweet person on the inside, and she had to figure him out before truly knowing that. Obviously she wanted to spend the rest of her life with someone she cared for so deeply, and now she would be able to.

"Yes!" She smiled at him brightly and he looked back at her happily. "Although I must say, I had no idea you could be that sappy."

"I can do anything if I put my mind to it." He laughed. "I'm almost perfect."

"But not as perfect as me." She smirked.