Finally

Vincent showed up and saved the day.
Here's how it went.

~ Sweetly Possessive is available on Amazon ~A more steamy version with a different ending.

=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•
While Lawrence had been asking questions and talking to Damien, Vincent and his men were already in the house looking for Trina's whereabouts with the tracker and blueprint of the mansion.

All the talk with Damien was just to keep him busy, however, he wasn't sure how long he could keep up before Damien looses it. On the bright side, Lawrence got some things off his chest in that conversation.

=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•

"Wait". Lawrence screamed in true fear of Trina dying as he didn't know that Vincent had already gotten there. His eyes wide and face wet with sweat as memories of Diana's death resurface and he truly feels fear.

The fear of loosing someone he loved. Again.

Not a second later, the man pointing his gun at Trina dropped it, causing Damien to yell at him and relief flooded Lawrence.

"I never ordered you to drip it moron, pick it up now!". He yelled hysterically, like he was loosing his mind.

While he was busy, yelling into the tablet, his face almost pressing into the device, Lawrence grabbed and after a few struggles and groans here and there, had him tied up.

Vincent had already called the police, and Trina was already an evidence against him.

Only after this, did they realize that his mom was still trapped in another room underground.
"Lawrence, your mum was down there too". Trina tells him in a low voice as the shock of her almost dying is still fresh. A feeling she never wanted to feel ever again.
=•=•=•===•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•

"Mom!". Lawrence called as he ran down the stairs leading to the underground lair, where he surprisingly found Jace, his best friend.

"Jace, Jace, please don't die on me". He said as his nerves were getting the best of him. Jace was unresponsive.

"Take him to the infirmary now!". He said kindly as the men who followed him underground scurried and carried him out.

Still searching for his mom, he yelled again

"Mom!". This time he got a reply.

"I- I'm here". She answered weakly, making Lawrence turn in the direction of her voice. Running to her to carry her in his arms and run up for her to be checked up on.

While doing all this, his mind and heart was also with Trina, he hasn't seen her since the video because Vincent took her straight to the infirmary while he was busy dealing with Damien and the police.
=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•

"How do you feel, baby". Lawrence asked Trina as she just woke up. She was put on medication and has to sleep for hours. During the time she was asleep, Lawrence couldn't help but he scared as she is a very light sleeper and he has been intentionally loud just so he could talk to her, and she didn't move an inch.

"I'm okay". She replied, smiling faintly, probably due to the injustices in her face.

"That's what you always say. Let me know if anything's wrong so I can help. Okay?". He asked with the softest voice he could muster.

"Eew, that's too sappy, especially coming from you". Jace said as he too gained consciousness.
"Way to go best friend. You care about her more than me, right?". Jace asked, feigning cuteness and pouting.

"Do I need to answer that?". Lawrence asked back, causing Jace to make the best whining voice he could in his weak state.

Their conversation throwing Trina into a laughing fit.

"Y'all are cute". She said, still smiling. Earning a grain from Lawrence.

"I'm not cute, he's just dumb". Lawrence argues

"Whatever you say princess". Jace replies and Lawrence playfully snaps.

"That's it". He stood up and punched Jace which cause him to jerk sharply.

"Ow, man I just gained consciousness". Jace replied, rubbing his arms to ease the pain.

All the banter ceased as Lawrence's mother entered the room. Even the playful Jace became serious in a matter of seconds.

So it's not just me she's strict with. Trina thought to herself as she watched Jace go from 360-0.

"I'm sorry". She said with a calm and clear voice. Remorse shown all over her face as she apologized to Trina.
"I've been horrible to you and I'm sorry for that. I thought you were one of those girls that were out to take money and leave him with scars. Now I know you're not and I'm sure you already hate me but I had to say. I'm sorry". She whispers the last part like she was going to cry making all Trina's pent up anger towards her diminish.

Trina tries to stand up to hug her but fell back as her legs felt wobbly and tired, surely as a result of the kick one of those men landed at the back of her knee.
So she sat back down with the help of Lawrence.

"It's okay ma'am. I know you were protecting your son. I'm sorry, I wanted to lie a second ago but I can't. I really had a great dislike for you, as it seemed like you hated me so much, hated everything I did. I was always walking in eggshells around and at a time I wanted to go as far as hitting you for being so petty but after hearing you apologize, my heart can't take it. So I forgive you and hope we can start afresh". Trina said all these while playing with her fingers, and only raising her head up at the last part.

"Thank you Trina. You and Lawrence have my blessings. You've made him a better man". She smiles and exits the room.

As soon as she left, Jace blows out air from his mouth like he had been holding his breath, causing them to laugh once more .

Such a drama queen.

"By the way Jace, why were you imprisoned". Lawrence asks, getting Trina's full attention as she also wondered why.

"I caught him. I caught Derek at the airport paying your mom's doctor and telling him thanks for helping him remove suspicion from him. So I confronted him thinking he was alone, he wasn't. He was being protected by at least 50 men, I know ima a karatè kid but there's a limit to how many men I can fight at a time...". Jace said, and after hearing all the important and relevant parts, they left Jace to continue talking to home left about how awesome he was fighting off those men.

"I'm so happy we're finally together. I love you". Lawrence whispers as he places a kiss in her forehead and she does the same also saying "I love you".

"Eewww" Jace started again.

"Shut up Jace". They said together.

The End

~=•=~

Thank you all so so so much for all the reads, the votes, the comments and being patient with me and my slow updates.

Wishing you all a happy new year.🎆

If you wanted a different end where Vincent didn't go scot free, check out "sweetly possessive" on Amazon.

December 31st, 2021.