(C8)

VIVIAN GREY

When I came around, I felt like I had rested for a few years but it was probably hours. I didn't need to open my eyes to remember if anything I wanted to get the image of that girl's head snapping so close to me out of my head. Even scarier was the complete darkness that seemed to surround Zaliver, his angry expression, and black eyes.

I squeezed my eyes even tighter, making the little white spots appear behind my lids. I sighed out loud.

I wasn't sure how I felt at the moment, how should I feel towards Zaliver? Do I hate him? Fear him? My mind and wolf were at war against each other. While the human side of me knew that what Zaliver had done was wrong and cold, my wolf tried to explain to me that it was the nature of wolves and life in general. That Zaliver had just protected and acted on instinct when it came to us, that his anger was more than what a regular alpha would have when his mate would be put in the same situation.

One side was convinced to label him a monster while the other labeled him justified.

Was I in any real danger?

No.

I wasn't, sure she had tripped me but I doubted she would have planned on pummeling me to death, at least not with witnesses and it wasn't like I was going to let her lay a hand on me without a fight. I wasn't a warrior like she probably was but I'd put up a pretty damn decent fight.

Why couldn't he had just asked her what her problem was? There was no need to kill her for tripping me. What was her problem?

Even while I thought this logically, I felt freaked out a little by how calm I was being about just having seen my first death close up and having my mate do it as well. But then again I think I must have unconsciously prepared myself for this, earlier today I was thinking about the stories about Zaliver being a cold killer. I guess I had expected him to do something like this one day, but just not so soon.

So close.

My eyes opened and adjusted to the dark room, I looked towards the dark curtains, I wasn't surprised to see darkness past them. It was nighttime, but I had been asleep practically the whole day, this island was bad for my health. If I wasn't getting tested or loaded with information I I was being knocked out. Well, it's better than getting knocked up, I joked trying to distract myself.

I pulled my arms beside me to pull myself into a sitting position, immediately feeling the cold heavy feeling around both of my wrists. I closed my eyes as annoyance passed through me, I took in a deep breath.

"He didn't." I said to myself out loud.

"I did." Came the all too familiar monotone voice.

Opening my eyes I looked forward to see Zaliver sitting on a couch that faced the bed, he sat with his legs parted and arms crossed over his chest, his face was fixed on a blank expression, his black hair falling over his blue eyes making it hard to see what his eyes showed.Because of the dark room he seemed almost like a shadow. Seeing him now made me feel...I don't know.

I reflected his expression at him, not sure how to act now. How do you bring up a murder? 'So about that chick you killed today...' I don't think so.

I breathed in deeply.

"Why?" I asked, lifting my left hand and watching as chains followed. He had dared to chain both of my wrists up to the bed. I glared at him but he didn't even appear bothered by the fact that he had done so, but of course not if he didn't feel guilty about snapping someone's neck why would he feel guilty about chaining me up?

"Do I need a reason?" He questioned me, the nerve of this man.

"Yes! Yes, you actually do!" I snapped at him.