XLII.

Chapter Forty Two.

"It's another Christmas holiday
It's a joyous thing, let the Angels sing

Cause we're together
We got a thing, hey
Can't let it slip away

It's raining sleet when our bodies meet,
I don't care about the weather

Let it snow!"

Let It Snow by Boyz II Men ft. Brian McKnight played on the Bluetooth speaker that Draya had sitting on the glass coffee table.

A Sugared Snickerdoodle scented candle burned, allowing the sweet aroma to take over the home. The fireplace was on, causing it to be warm and toasty. The atmosphere truly felt like the holidays.

There was an abundance of gifts under the tree that Draya had gotten for her niece and nephew. The year was rough for them, so she wanted to ensure that Christmas was extra special.

Draya looked around, before her eyes landed on the clock that was on the wall. It was now 8:00 in the morning. "Time to get these kids up." She said to herself.

"Alright, get up y'all! It's Christmas! Come on, let's get the day started, wooohoooo!" She yelled, running around and began knocking on their doors. She then went to the kitchen and grabbed two pans, before clacking them together loudly. The whole building could probably hear her.

Both Zealand and Harmony came out of their rooms seconds later, looking like they had just rose from the dead. Harmony's bonnet was hanging half off of her head as she wiped the crust from her eyes.

"Chill out, shawty." She told her aunt.

"What time is it?" Zee mumbled, stretching.

"8:00." Draya cheesed. "Now, come on. Head to the living room."

They did as told, going into the living room. Both of their eyes got wide as they stared at all of the presents. See, Draya waited until they went to sleep last night before wrapping and putting the gifts under the tree. That way, it ensured they wouldn't try to sneak and look at them.

Sleigh Ride by TLC now played, causing Draya to turn the volume up. "This is my songgg!" She yelled, causing her niece and nephew to start laughing.

"What are y'all waiting for? Bust them gifts open! The ones in the red wrapping paper are for Harmony and the ones in the blue are for you, Zee." She exclaimed.

The two began opening their gifts, going ham on the wrapping paper as they ripped it off, letting it fall any and everywhere.

"Ooh, a Bratz Rock Angel!" Harmony exclaimed, holding the Chloe doll up as if she was a trophy. She had been begging for one for the longest.

"Ah man, auntie you got me the Cool Grey 11's?!" Zealand was flabbergasted as he opened the Jordan box. Zealand loved J's, but only got a pair every once in a while since they were kind of costly. He could splurge if he wanted to, but chose not to.

They sat there and opened the rest of the presents, while Draya recorded everything on her phone. So far, Harmony had gotten a pair of Alexander McQueen sneakers, a glittery hoola-hoop, a ring light so she could make TikTok videos, a Moschino purse, a doll house, three more Bratz dolls, some clothes, a hot pink Moncler coat, and some room decorations.

Zealand had gotten a pair of Amiri jeans, diamond studs for his ears, Alexander McQueen shoes that matched Harmony's, a gift card for Hot Topic since he got most of his graphic tees from there, a new controller for his Ps5, and a Vlone hoodie.

"Zee, you have one more gift." Draya said, sipping her cup of coffee.

"I do?" He asked.

"Mhm. Look outside." She smirked, causing him to stand there for a few seconds in confusion.