𝐬𝐢𝐱

THE DINNER

THE DINNER. This was new in the Games, but now all of them had to sit down to have dinner with each other before the interviews and the day they begin kill each other. This was even more painful because, well...

All the tributes were friends.

The last supper was something peaceful compared to this.

Belle kept her outfit casual, of course, this one matching Finnick's. A golden party dress with high golden heels and her hair lose and wavy, laying on both of her shoulders. Oh, she looked incredibly pretty.

When Finnick saw her, he had to held himself back. Oh, he almost had a panic attack. She looked stunning, glowing. He worried she was going to get too much attention. With her perfectly tanned skin due to the fact that they live in the beach, and her honey eyes contrasting the shiny golden of her earrings and dress. Oh, he was just wearing a simple black suit with some golden drawing on the end of the sleeves. But that was it.

He worried she will get all the attention. He only wanted his eyes on her. He felt selfish, because he didn't think of sharing her for one second.

She interlocked her arm with his. She didn't want to fall with those heels, less in front of the camera.

"I hate this new tradition," he whispered to her ear softly as they walked down the stairs, watching as how most of the tributes were already sat down. They walked towards the table and looked for their names in the seats, proceeding to take their places next to each other. "Oh... you won't guess who is in front of us."

She frowned, confused, as Finnick leaned over the table, grabbing the paper with the names and showing it to her.

"Mr and Mrs Killer Berries," he joked, making her snort and immediately cover her mouth as the rest of the tributes turned to look at them both. "Sorry!" Finnick said out loud as he put the paper back on the table, holding back his laughter as well. "You are one loud mouse."

"Shut up," she muttered to Finnick's ear as he was smiling. "Let's get through this dinner with civility, please."

"Right right," he agreed softly, just in time for Katniss and Peeta to walk in and go straight for their seats. "Let's try to make friends, huh?"

Everyone behaved during dinner. Actually, it was something they were looking for, even if they wouldn't admit it. They talked like friends, behaved like friends, and mostly the reason was because they were friends.

"Belle, Belle!" Chanted the man from District 11, known for kissing everyone instead of a simple handshake. Belle looked up from her food in his direction. "Would you sing?"

Belle's talent was singing. She didn't do it much, yet she loved it. And everyone in that table was aware of that. Everyone knew her, they were friends, of course.

It was painful but it was true. Tomorrow morning, at least a quarter of her friends was going to die.

"Okay, okay," she said as she cleared her throat, the whole table going silent just so they could hear it. "Let me think..."