II. eighteen

┍━━━━━━━━━━━╝✤╚━━━━━━━━━━━┑

━━━━━━━ ✤ ━━━━━━━

In the dimly lit room, Eunbyul squatted next to the pile of blankets covering her half-brother, Giseok. "Oppa... Yah, wake up!" She whisper-shouted and shook his sleeping figure but to no avail.

His gentle snores continued to fill the back of Chef Toto's ristorante.

She pulled her hand away from his shoulders and sighed at her useless efforts. Didn't expect for him to be such a heavy sleeper, but she needed his help and didn't have time to waste. Standing up, her eyes searched the food shelves around them.

Bottled spices, bags of varied flours, liquor bottles, and endless stacks of half-haphazardly placed pots and dish plates made up the storage. She stepped away from Giseok's spot on the floor, and grabbed a wine glass before she walked over to the kitchen sink and ran the faucet.

Back to where Giseok still slept, she snapped her fingers and tried to wake him up one last time. With a sigh, she was left with no other choice and splashed the cold water from the wine glass to his face.

"Hello?" He blinked his eyes open, though his mind was yet to be aware of what she'd done. "I'm wet." He slowly came to as he ran a hand over his wet face and moved to sit. "Why am I wet?"

"Sorry." Eunbyul turned and reached for a dry hand towel hung from the hooks on one of the room's walls. "You wouldn't wake up," she offered an apologetic look his way as well.

"Fair enough," he nodded and thanked her for the towel before drying his face. "But why do you need me awake? Did something happen?"

"No, nothing happened," Eunbyul shook her head and stepped back, giving him enough room to stand up and put his slippers on. "I'm fine, really," she insisted at the concerned rise of his eyebrows while he shot his arms up above his head and gave his back a deep stretch.

"Do you want some herbal tonic? Or warm milk, to help you sleep?" He didn't listen and kept listing off home remedies for insomnia, "Fresh basil tea is good for stress and anxiety—I think I can find some in here, somewhere..."

"Giseok-ssi." She put a stop to him and met his drowsy eyes. The no nonsense tone to her voice made him shift, arms back to his sides as he stood still.

"Yes?" He blinked hard to drive away the bit of sleep that clung to him, and focused.

"What can you give me on Vincenzo Cassano?"

"The mafia's consigliere," he let out and Eunbyul nodded in affirmation. "I, uh... I don't know." He needed something more specific, "What type of information are you asking for?"

"Everything that goes back five years," she was certain.

His attachment to Geumga plaza was worth more than a simple favor to Mr. Cho. It just didn't coincide, that a man like him would be here to offer some simple, run-of-the mill legal advice. It had never made sense to her that he would choose to room with her. That he'd spent so much time and effort and money, to keep Babel E&C's thugs from taking over the building.