Chapter 66- Thinking things over

Y/N panted as she jogged through the park, sweat trickling down her forehead. She had picked up a new habit of jogging as a way to clear her head. Especially with everything going on. She suddenly heard yelling, making her stop in her tracks. "Let's get him!" A young boy's voice shouted. Y/N looked around until she saw a group of young boys chasing after another boy.

"Hey!" Y/N yelled, running over to them. The boys stopped and turned to look at her. "Leave him alone!" Y/N demanded as she neared them. The darkness shrouded their faces so she couldn't see them that well.

"Oh yeah? Or what?" One of the boys questioned, puffing out his chest. Y/N raised an eyebrow. The kids couldn't be more than 13 and here they were threatening a 17-year-old girl who was one of the best fighters in the Valley. It was cute how clueless they were.

"Dude let's go, it's not worth it." One of the boys urged. Y/N recognized the voice instantly. She had spent many days listening to that voice complain that the WiFi wasn't working or that karate was stupid. "Anthony?!"

The boys finally came into the light, letting her get a good look at them. One of them was blonde with curly hair, one had brown hair and the other had black hair. Anthony was standing next to them, a guilty look on his face."How do you know this girl?" One of the boys asked, turning to the youngest LaRusso. "She's friends with my sister. And she trained with my dad." Anthony replied. The boys' expressions all changed.

"Wait were you the one who was paralyzed?" The brunette boy asked. "Yes I was. As much as I'm enjoying talking about me, let's talk about you guys. Why were you chasing this poor boy?" Y/N asked, gesturing to the scared boy behind her.

"Because he's a loser. He doesn't belong here." The blonde boy spat. "And why's that?" Y/N asked. The boys all exchanged looks. "No one wants to answer? Ok so here's what we're going to do, you boys are going to go home and leave this boy alone. If not, I'll tell Mr. and Mrs. LaRusso what has happened here and I'm sure they'll be more than willing to pass that along to your parents. Do we have an understanding?"

The boys all nodded quickly. "Good. Now hurry along home." She stated. The boys scurried off leaving Y/N and the boy they chased alone. "I'm sorry about them, they're just boys being boys. What's your name?" Y/N asked softly, turning to the scared boy. "Kenny. My name's Kenny." He answered shyly.

"Well nice to meet you Kenny. I'm Y/N." She introduced, sticking out her hand. Kenny took it and shook it. "I like your costume. Is it from dungeons and dragons?" Y/N asked, gesturing to his outfit. Kenny's eyes lit up. "Yeah it is! Do you play?" He asked.

Y/N shook her head. "No I don't but my friend Demetri does and he's told me about it." She replied. Kenny's smile fell. "Oh."

"So why were those boys chasing you?"

"A girl in my gym class asked me to meet her for role playing but those guys showed up instead. They started recording me and I hit the one boys phone and it broke. They tried to hurt me so I hit them and ran off."

Y/N frowned. She couldn't believe Anthony would do something like this. Sure he wasn't always the nicest boy but she didn't think he would bully someone. Maybe she didn't know him as well as she thought.

"I'm sorry to hear that. Are you hurt?" She asked, her eyes scanning for a bruise. Kenny shook his head. "No I don't think so. One boy grabbed me so I elbowed him in the stomach before they could hit me." He replied. Y/N smiled. "At least you defended yourself. Do you know karate?"

"No but I wish I did. Then I could defend myself."

"Karate is only for self defense. My father may not think so but I do."