Prologue: As Told By Odin and Battle of Vanaheim

----- November 15th, 2987 BC - Svartalfheim -----

Long before the birth of light there was darkness, and from that darkness, came the Dark Elves. Millennia ago, the most ruthless of their kind, Malekith, sought to transform our universe back into one of eternal night.

On Svartalfheim, Malekith looks up at the Convergence as it begins. 

Such evil was possible through the power of the Aether, an ancient force of infinite destruction.

The Dark Elves and Asgardians are fighting below, as a Dark Elf named Algrim stands up high. Malekith approaches him from behind.

Algrim turns to him, "Malekith! Asgard's forces are upon us."

The Bifrost shoots down from the skies, sending many Dark Elves flying. Hundreds of Asgardian reinforcements pour out and begin attacking.

The noble armies of Asgard, led by my father, King Bor, waged a mighty war against these creatures.

King Bor Burison steps out from the Bifrost. As he walks by, he shoots energy from the tip of Gungnir.

"Send in the Kursed," Malekith shouts from up high. 

Down below, some Dark Elf Soldiers crush glowing red objects in their hands and transform into giant Hulk-like creatures. They barrel through a few Asgardian forces.

Malekith looks up at the Convergence again. The worlds were aligning.

As the Nine Worlds converged above him, Malekith could at last unleash the Aether...

Malekith and Algrim walk back to the Aether behind them.

However, the Bifrost opens on top of it and Asgardian warriors attack Malekith. He pulls out two knives as the warriors charged. 

He meets them head on, sending a blade into the chest of one and into the neck of another. The last one jabs his sword at him but he dodges and grabs his arm. He trips him onto his back and plunges the warriors own sword into his chest.

The Bifrost disappears, just as Malekith tries to get the Aether, but it is no longer there.

Asgard ripped the weapon from his grasp. Without it, the Dark Elves fell. With the battle all but lost, Malekith sacrificed his own people in a desperate attempt to lay waste to Asgard's army.

Malekith watches as his forces are slaughtered, "Their deaths will mean our survival. This war is far from over."

He and Algrim get onto his ship and escape without notice, while destroying the other ships in the process.

The ships drop, killing some of the Asgardians in the process.

Malekith was vanquished, and the Aether was no more. Or so we were led to believe.

Down in the battlefield filled with the bodies of Asgardian and Dark Elves alike, King Bor stands looking at the results of war.

One of the Einherjar approaches their King, "Sire, the Aether. Shall we destroy it?"

Bor turns to look at him, "If only we could. But its power is too great. Bury it deep. Somewhere no one will ever find it."

__________

----- May 5th, 2012 - Asgard -----

In the Throne Room of Asgard, The sounds of chains clanking could be heard. 

Loki, in chains, is brought to Odin.

Queen Frigga stands to his left as he approaches, "Loki.."