1

Killua stood on the edge of the building, wind whipping around him. He couldn't take it anymore, he was done. Done being abused, done being used, done being reminded of how useless he was for anything but being a plaything. He stepped onto the edge, looking down. He shed not a single tear, his eyes had all dried up from the years of them constantly being emptied with rivers of tears. Goodbye... He was about to step off, when his phone rang. Killua blinked, then numbly slid it out. He put it to his ear, and accepted the call.

"Hey Leorio! I finally got your number, sorry for the wait." Killua blinked. "Who..." He started, his voice a little scratchy. "Who is this?" There was a pause. "You don't sound like Leorio, sorry! I must've gotten the wrong number" he was silent for a few moments, looking down at the 5 story drop. "There's an awful lot of wind where you are" The male on the other end said curiously. Killua blinked. Why is he still talking to me? "I'm on a building..." There was another pause. "a building? Why?" Killua's breath hitched slightly. "I'm...gonna jump" There was a thud from the other end, then he heard the voice again. "J-Jump? You can't!" The voice sounded...desperate. But that made no sense, who would care about him? His mother didn't. His father didn't. His brother's didn't. His boyfriend might...but only because it would mean he wouldn't get to toy with him anymore.

"Why...not?" He mumbled, taking a step forwards. "It's not the answer! Listen, I don't know what you're going through but-" Killua paused just as he was about to step over the edge again. "But what? I...I'm done. Nobody'll care anyways" He felt tears sting his eyes, the tears that he thought he'd run out of. "I-", "T-The only one who'd care is...she..." A-Alluka... The last time he saw his little sister flashed through his mind, Alluka disappearing into an ice cold lake about four and a half years ago. "Maybe we'll see each other soon...we can, if I just...take one more step" he whispered. "wait, don't do it...please" The last word was a whisper, and Killua felt slightly taken aback. Why does he sound...scared? "Why...do you seem scared?"

"Where...are you?" Killua blinked, looking back down at the drop. "Yorknew... the...building next to the bank. Why?" he mumbled. Why does it matter if I'm just going to jump anyways? "Hey... how many different colors can you see?" Killua blinked, then glanced around. He took half a step back to see better. "Um..." Killua didn't understand why he was asking this question, but he felt his tears dry as he started mumbling. "The floor's grey...the sky's navy. There's a red sign" He hummed softly, then heard faint talking in the background on the phone. "My shoes are...blueish purple, I can see my black shirt in the reflection on a pole...." He looked back over to the drop, then took a step forward. "how many cars can you see?" What's with all these questions?

He glanced down, then started mumbling numbers as he counted. The color faded a little from the sky, and his lips parted slightly as he watched a few cars went by. "H-Hey...you still there?" Killua leaned forward a little. "I...don't know why you're talking to me, or why you care" He mumbled. "Because your life matters, and I do care" Killua paused once more, hand shaking slightly. "You..." He whispered, voice shaky. He's...trying to stop me. Why is he trying to stop me? "You don't know me, why are you trying to stop me from doing this? From...being free", "I promise you there's another way out, there's a way you can be free without taking that step"

His hand shook a little and he set the phone down on the edge of the roof. Then he started to slip off his shoes, he had to sit down for that. "Please tell me your still there..." Killua glanced over to the phone, then over the edge. "I'm taking my shoes off..." There was a strained noise from the other end of the phone. He stood back up again, then closed his eyes for a moment and felt the wind ruffle his hair. He let out a deep sigh. "Goodbye..." Killua took a step forward, and felt himself start to fall.

"WAIT!" The voice was startlingly close to him, and his eyes snapped open when he felt a strong hand clasp around his own and keep him from plummeting down below. There was heavy breathing for a few moments, then he was hauled back upwards. Why... Killua turned as soon as he was on solid ground, then took in the face he saw. Green hair spiked upwards, honey brown eyes that sparkled with tears at the edges, a kind smile. "Why..."

The male tightened his grip on his hand a little, then he hesitantly let go. "I...I couldn't let you die, not knowing I could do something about it" Killua looked away. But I wanted to die. "But...just tell me" He murmured, slipping his hand into Killua's again. "Why did you jump?" Killua glanced back up, images flashing through his mind. Killua's breath hitched, and he slipped his hand away as it started to tremble slightly. "Hey...you can talk to me. I'll listen to whatever you have to say" He said softly. Killua's lips parted slightly, but before he could speak he heard a loud bang and a shout. "GON!" Killua jumped, then unconsciously took a step backwards.

His foot hit empty air, and he gasped as he started falling again. He reached a hand out, and the green haired male grabbed it again just before he fell out of reach. "Oh my god!" Killua glanced over at who had spoken and saw a black haired man who appeared to be older, with some sort of strange glasses. He grabbed Killua's other hand, and together they hauled him back over the edge. Killua stumbled forward, accidently crashing into the green haired male and knocking him backwards. "W-Woah!" they both tumbled to the ground, Killua on top. Why...did I try to save myself that time? He didn't understand. "That time you reached out for me, that's a good sign" He mumbled. Killua sat up, he was essentially on his lap but it didn't really bother him. "I...don't know why"

The black haired guy let out a relived breath. "Man, you scared me there. Kurapika said you just ran out of the apartment and called me to go after you because you took his car" Killua blinked over at him, the male he was sitting on top of sighed. "Let's...go somewhere safer first" He stood up, then helped Killua up as well. He kept his fingers firmly locked around Killua's as he retrieved his shoes and phone, then started walking back into the building. Killua followed numbly, eyes falling on the hand. I guess...I'm someone else's toy now instead.

1159 words

Hey Kittens! Just so you know, there are going to be dark themes in here such as Rape and Sexual assault, if your not comfortable with these things then don't read -3-