06.

06. 𝒑𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒄

EDDIE was intoxicated, practically

EDDIE was intoxicated, practically. With the mixture of his curiosity and a room full of mysterious-looking human-sized glassed containers, he couldn't help but explore.

Quietly of course, as Dora dealt with the issue outside.

Step by step Eddie took a picture, trying to capture all the evidence he could to possibly use against Drake.

And at first, as he went down the main stretch of containers, he only found disassembled internal organ-looking substances, which did gross him out slightly but didn't have other effects on him.

But then he came into contact with a certain cell; it encompassed a human being.

The body was sprawled on the floor, orange vitals readily fluctuating on the front of the glass pane. Eddie took a photo of that.

Now, he should've been concerned, but he and Dora discussed it earlier. She was telling the truth, and he believed her enough to come here himself.

The next cell he met reminded him that he had a daughter. It wasn't the woman in the cell, rocking back and forth, that reminded him of Riley, but the fact that Riley was at his apartment right now, and that if Drake ever did find out he was here, the first place the man would look would be Eddie's apartment.

Pondering whether to call Riley or not at the moment, he quickly snapped a photo of the woman inside the cell and stalked off with a quick pace--

Suddenly, banging came from behind him as he startled, whirling around to see a familiar face-- Maria. A woman he knew from the streets, one he considered a friend, was inside this cell.

If Maria could be in this cell, he started to frantically ponder, then so could Riley.

Eddie rushes to the glass pane as Maria's shouts and hits to the glass just intensify his compassion.

"Please-- please let me out!" Maria's cries didn't help him, as Eddie looked the window up and down, side to side: the key panel, bingo.

And then he just started slamming it wildly, as though it would actually work, until suddenly red alarms, red lights (everything red) started blaring, hurting, and panicking.

Maria's cries turn to loud groans of misery, as Eddie backs up a couple of feet, suddenly hitting a wall. He jerks around, his eyes finding a fire extinguisher; use it!

Listening to himself, he works quickly to slam the metal object into the glass with the means to break it, albeit alarms going off, albeit alarms alerting others of his whereabouts.

But within three hits, the glass suddenly shatters, bringing on a new set of problems; ones that are quite lethiferous. Because Maria suddenly leaps to Eddie, both of them fly back ten feet, her slamming him into the ground.