Sixteen

2 day passed

2 day passed...

She still didn't come to work. His hands tapping on his car steering wheel, spacing out while listening to music he put on car. He checks himself on the rear mirror, getting ready to go to a dinner his family sets up with Miyoung's family.

7 pm...

His car is parked right in front of the 5 stars restaurant in a hotel. He didn't want to leave the car, tempted to start his car engine and just leave without eating dinner.

"I'm gonna get killed if I didn't follow dad's rule..." he mutters to himself.

Phone rings

Jay clumsily reaches his phone in his pocket, seeing the caller id.

Mom.

Without a doubt, he pressed the answer button before placing it on his ear.

"Jongseong? Where are you?"

Jay looks around to the car park surrounding them, making sure there's no one watching him.

"I just arrived, I'm currently getting out of my car." he replies calmly while getting out of his car with a heavy heart.

"I see, I'm glad you come. It's at level 15 okay? I'll wait."

"I will. See you later." Jay ends the call, letting out a big sigh. He stands next to the car door, fixing his long-sleeve button-up shirt before walking towards the lift.

---

"Jay is really handsome face to face." Miyoung's mom compliments, earning a slight smile from him. His eyes glued to the steak on the plate, cutting it into smaller pieces. Suddenly a piece of asparagus on his plate caught his attention.

Asparagus...

She lied to me about choking on asparagus, isn't she?

I know she's lying.

I can see she's holding her chest, not her throat.

Who the fuck choke on asparagus would hold their chest?

Tch. Liar...

Jay let out a small scoff, gaining attention from his dad next to him.

"What's wrong, Jongseong." The elderly man speaks up once seeing his son looking in distraught, playing with his food with the utensil like a kid.

He lifts his gaze, shaking his head. "Nothing."

"So how long have you been dating Miyoung?" Her dad suddenly asks a question making the whole table taken aback except her parents.

They never date, Jay hates her, and she always tries to ruin his life.

Jay never agrees to marry her, and she does have feelings for him but mainly she wants to marry him because of his fame for modeling.