Narita Kazuhito's Birthday (August 17)

This is one of Narita's voice actor, Nishiyama Kōtarō's songs. He's also on Spotify as 西山宏太朗 (Nishiyama Koutarou)!

***

(August 15)

In the raging summer heat, the male athletes concentrated on blocking practice today. They repeated running from left to right quickly in front of the net from a spread shift position.

Kageyama stayed in the middle where the setter would be, while Tanaka and Tsukishima ran sideways to complete a speedy triple block.

Asahi and Yamaguchi stood by watching. Ai stayed next to Narita; her classmate was quiet as she scrutinized the players' training.

Ukai stretched casually near the stage as he let the boys do their thing. He also listened to Takeda-sensei discussing something on the teacher's clipboard.

"How do you think they're doing?" the second-year middle blocker asked her quietly.

"Well enough, I suppose..."

Narita smiled, knowing she was thinking of tips to teach the guys when they took a break.

"Alright, switch out! Azumane, Yamaguchi, in!" the coach declared.

"Yessir!"

Ai quickly got an armful of towels and water bottles. "All of you come here for a second."

They gathered around, and the three who were out of breath took the supplies with thanks.

She spoke while Kageyama rehydrated and rested for a few seconds before having to join block training again.
"Shinkyō Academy's basketball team had a two-meter player like Yūdai, and their defense was to pressure their opponents."

"Yūdai? You mean that Hyakuzawa guy?" Tanaka asked.

She nodded. "There will be players who are taller, more powerful, better, or all of the above." Her magenta eyes flickered to the blond, who was still a bit apprehensive about club practice. "Don't let them play comfortably. It'll be for your benefit."

Yamaguchi nodded in understanding, being a middle blocker too, other than a pinch server.

"Shintarō-kun's school has strong fundamentals at the core of their plays. Shūtoku also had a good scorer last year, Ōtsubo-san. He was their center as well as their captain before he graduated."

Ai turned to the three players who were practicing the drills next: Asahi, Yamaguchi, and Kageyama again. "Pay attention to the details. Be conscious. You have time now to refine your skills, but the real match will have a much quicker pace."

"Right!" they replied as if she were their coach.

Once the guys were back on the court, she talked to the wing spiker who was gulping down water. Narita listened in, too.

"Ryū, try stopping fully before jumping upwards. Put strength in your arms up to your fingertips, and put them out forward, not just straight up." She grinned up at Tsukishima. "Right, Kei?"

"Yes, ma'am," the first-year blond mumbled against his towel, remembering Kuroo's lessons.

.

Asahi and Yamaguchi triple blocked with the younger setter for a bit, until the other six players came back from playing a three-on-three in the First Gymnasium.

"Alright, group up!" Coach Ukai called, and everyone congregated. "It's a bit early, but we'll end it here today. You'll have time for individual practice after this meeting." He looked to the faculty member. "Sensei, you have an announcement, right?"