CHAPTER 8

The golden-eyed boy winced at what occurred.

The music came to a stop.

"Xiao, are you okay?" The bard gave a worried gaze to the yaksha.

Xiao looked at Venti. The voice he heard was so similar to his. It's almost as if it was him.

He blinked dazed. He was confused.

"I-I'm fine, just a sudden pain," stuttered Xiao.

Venti looked unconvinced, but he didn't want to push Xiao into letting it out.

"Hm.. okay.." Venti says.

"I'll take my leave, you take care of yourself okay?" Venti reassured like he was his mom.

Xiao just nodded, and looked down.

The same line repeated in his head.

"I love you Xiao, till the end of time."

Was there someone who had loved him? His heart fluttered by those words.

'I love you', three words that hold strong importance and meaning.

He thought about Venti saying those words to him. He couldn't help, but blush.

"Stop it Xiao, don't think about those ridiculous feelings," he scolded himself.

He stood up and walked away to his house.
.
.
.
.
"Xiao!" A voice cried.

Pain..he only felt pain..

His love laid there bleeding onto the war ground. The bard took his hand and pressed it against his cheek as he sobbed.

"No No No, you going to be fine.. right Xiao..?please say you're going to be fine.." Venti cried.

The yaksha looked at him with loving eyes.
"I'll be fine.. I promise," he lied. In reality.. the amount of blood loss can kill an adeptus as well.

He wiped the tears of his love's eyes.

"Y-you're lying aren't you.. you can't leave.. you just can't!" Venti yelled in disbelief.

Xiao cried as well, his heart swelled in pain because his lover was crying.. because of him.

"I-I'm sorry Venti.. I'm so sorry.." Xiao sobbed.

Venti remembered the moment of when his friend died. He didn't want to lose someone dear to him again.. not again.. he didn't want to experience that pain again..

Venti started to frantically look around.
"W-We have to get you to a healer.. there has to be someon-,"
"Venti-!" Xiao yelled.

"It's no use.." the yaksha said. His body felt numb.

"I-I don't want to lose another.. I just can't! please live Xiao!" Venti's tears grew more and more.

"Please live for me okay..?" Xiao smiles weakly.

Venti caressed Xiao face, his expression filled with sadness and heartbreak.

Xiao looked at him.. his breaths became shorter and shorter each second.

"I love you Venti.."

"I love you Xiao.. till the end of time.."

"I promise to live for you.." the heartbroken god cried.

They shared one last kiss, until the yaksha stopped breathing.
.
.
.
.
.
Xiao sat up frantically, heavy breaths came out of his mouth and his eyes stared down in shock.

Tears couldn't stop showing.

Why did he dream that?
Why was Venti in his dream. He didn't want to think about it. The dream felt like a traumatizing memory.

His mind didn't want to remember, his heart ached.

He sobbed and sobbed. His heart longing for something

He wanted to see Venti. His heart longed for him.

His pinky had something that glowed red. It was barely visible. It looked to be a red string tied to his finger.

The yaksha felt the need to follow it. He stood, he didn't care if he was wearing something informal.

He followed the string until he stopped at a small house.

The boy rang the doorbell. He felt nervous.

A blonde boy had opened the door with tired eyes.

Once he got a look at Xiao, his eyes widen in shock.

"X-Xiao..?" the blonde whispered.

The blonde noticed his tear-stained face.

"C-Can I please see Venti..?"

END OF CHAPTER 8

Another chapter, another year. Happy late new year everyone! Yall ready for Xiao's rerun?
                          -0sManthUsWiN3

635 words

Published January 1, 2022