2021:23-Goodbye

Ladybug took a deep breath. She had been dreading this moment since Hawkmoth's defeat. Gabriel Agreste had been arrested on charges of terrorism, man-slaughter, emotional abuse, mental abuse, and child neglect. Natalie Sancouer was arrested as his accomplice and charged to the same degree.

"Why?" Ladybug asked, "Why do any of this? Everything was fine until-"

"I just wanted my wife back!" Gabriel shouted, "She found the miraculous on accident and used them simultaneously! Her body couldn't handle the pain. Emilie became ill and she's been in a coma ever since. She's hidden under the house; our secret garden."

Chat Noir took off running to the house. Ladybug quickly followed after him.

Ladybug found Chat Noir sobbing loudly on the coffin-like bed. It reminded her so much of Snow White, but this wasn't a fairytale and no kiss would break this spell. A flash of green light washed over her partner and in his place, she finally understood.

'Oh no.'

She marched forward, but every step she took felt like lead. Adrien Agreste looked so small in comparison to hero that stood next to her, only moments ago. With a shaky hand and a deep breath, she knelt down and brought him into a hug.

"Tikki, spots off." she whispered.

Adrien pulled back and found his one of his best friends.

"Plagg. Tikki." Marinette spoke, "Is there anything we can do?"

The kwami looked between each other. They knew it was forbidden, but these two had gone through so much over the last couple years. They had given up so much to see that the battle had been won. With a look, the two kwami knew the solution.

"There is ....possibly something." Tikki murmured.

"I'll take the backlash, Tikki." decided Marinette.

"What?" Adrien shouted, "No!"

"Yes, Adrien." Marinette stated, "You deserve this. You deserve to be happy."

"But-" he began to argue.

Marinette quickly surged forward, kissing her partner on the lips. Adrien held her close as he threw all his feelings back into the kiss. He could feel her tears on his hands. He was afraid to let go; letting go meant he might possibly not see her ever again. Marinette had been his best friend and his first love. Adrien could feel his heart beginning to break in two. His kisses getting more desperate, passionate. He could feel he was losing breath, but he didn't care. Adrien could finally feel that their feelings were mutual and he was about to lose it all. He wanted this moment to last forever; Ladybug and Chat Noir, them against the world together. Adrien didn't want to say goodbye.

Marinette quickly pulled away, shoving him away from the casket.

"Marinette!" he shouted, "I won't let you!"

The Guardian smiled, "I will always love you, Adrien; I always have." She held up her hand, showing him Plagg's miraculous on her ring finger, "Quick! Tikki. Plagg. Do what you must!"

"My Lady!" Adrien cried, "No!"

He rushed forward, but was thrown back by a bright light and a gust of wind, that was seen from outside.

Adrien looked around and saw the casket had opened it's door's. He watched as his mother took a deep breath and began to cough.