2021:29-To Do List

Never let it be said that Marinette did anything without a plan. She already got permission from Bruce for Damian to come home early. She had gone grocery shopping and made his favorite dinner. He was about ten minutes away and had a surprise for him, after dinner. Mari quickly rushed to change her outfit.

Sure enough, ten minutes later, she heard the keys in the door.

"Damian!" Marinette shouted, a little to happily.

'Turn it down! Don't let him suspect anything!'

"Expecting me, Habibiti?" Damian questioned.

"Possibly." she smiled.

"Is that your vegetarian lasagna I smell?" he asked.

"Yes." Mari replied.

Damian set his things down and kissed his wife.

"Now, what did I do to deserve this kind of treatment?" he asked, keeping his wife in his arms.

Marinette blushed, "Um."

Damian kept his eyes fixated on her.

"Is there a reason for todays' events?" he wondered out loud, "I don't recall any celebrations."

"Oh, um, it might be a new celebration?" Marinette spoke.

"Is it?" he asked.

"I'll leave it for you to decide." she smiled.

"You don't want to tell me now?" he questioned.

"How about after we eat?" Mari suggested.

Damian was confused to find a lack of wine on the table, with the meal, but didn't question it. He figured his wife was nervous about whatever she had in store for him. When dinner was finished, they moved to the living room.

"So, what is the cause of this supposed celebration?" Damian questioned.

Marinette left the room and came back with a small box. As she took a seat next to him, she handed him the box.

'A watch?'

"May I?" he asked.

Marinette nodded and remained silent. As Damian opened the box, he saw a white stick and the word 'pregnant' written in a circle. He looked up to his wife.

"Is-Is this okay?" Marinette asked, hesitantly.

"Is this real?" Damian asked.

Marinette nodded, "I know we didn't plan this."

Damian pulled Marinette into his arms and kissed her. He placed his hand on her cheek, caressing her lovingly. He quickly pulled back, when he felt tears on his hand.

"Angel?" he questioned.

Mari smiled, "Happy tears, Demon."

Damian leaned in and rubbed his nose to hers.

"Does anyone else know?" he questioned.

Marinette shook her head, "I did have Bruce help me get you out of work, but that's it."

The Wayne heir sighed, "He might suspect."

"That's okay." Marinette answered, "We can tell everyone at dinner, this weekend."

"You have a plan." he stated

"I always have a plan." she smiled.

"It's time you learned to expect the unexpected, Habibiti." Damian spoke, "My family is unfortunately the family on unexpectedness."