2021:31-No Interruptions

Damian had planned everything out. He had scheduled time off for the New Year, a couple days before and after; a whole week with his wife. NO INTERRUPTIONS!

When they reached the Caribbean, they let everyone know they had arrived and he had turned off the phones. He had told his father that unless it was an emergency, lives on the line or the end of the world, he didn't want their vacation spoiled. On New Years Eve, they laid out in the hammock and waited for the new year to ring out.

"I can't wait to start the new year with you." Damian spoke, bringing Marinette closer to him.

Marinette bit her lip, "Actually." she began.

Damian looked at her confused, but all she did was hand him an envelope.

"Open it." Mari smiled.

Damian pulled out a dagger from under the throw blanket and sliced open the envelope, precisely.

'A picture?'

He carefully pulled out the picture and turned it over to see a black and white blur. He stared at it for a moment before realizing what it was.

"Habibiti?" he whispered, looking up at her.

"I got it done last week, before we left." Mari whispered in return, "I thought it would be a good way to start the new year."

Damian leaned over to his wife and kissed her.

"I agree. We'll start the new year as a family." the new father replied, making his wife smile. "You have given me so much joy, Angel, and I'm sure our newest addition, will do the same." he concluded.

Marinette hugged him, as the fireworks went off in the distance.

"Happy New Year." Marinette smiled.

"Happy New Year." Damian whispered, leaning down to claim her lips.

They could hear the fireworks and the cheers sound off the start to a new year, but nothing could break them from their perfect bubble of happiness.