Part 38

"Your companions are really strong," Scale tells Flos, already having an appreciation for Flos's variant plants, but still gets amazed again and again, nonetheless

After a discussion, they all decide to go find King Ray, who is fighting the variant beast at the East Gate. Whether Flos will join the battle or not, nobody asks and Flos doesn't say. But before they meet up with the King, Flos asks to detour 1st. She doesn't want to keep wearing this wet dress. Hearing Flos's request to change her cloth, Scale also wants to change his too.

Thus, Flos and Scale go to change out of their wet garbs whilst Queen Viola and Rhythm go to the East Gate 1st. For insurance, Flos leaves Picky Eater in its seed form with Rhythm. Since Picky Eater is already satiated with the variant beasts, in a short time, it won't act up. So, whilst nervous, Rhythm accepts Picky Eater when Flos hands it over.

Protect the Her Majesty the Queen is the priority. Picky Eater is also warned by May-Day to behave, so it should...be fine.

Even if Picky Eater is disobedient, it is too full to move flexibly. At that time, Rhythm alone is strong enough to smack sense into Picky Eater, right? Having such careless thoughts, Flos waves at the 2 and walks away with peace of mind.

On the way to the room storing the outdated clothes, knowing he won't bother others with his actions, Scale has no scruples in showering Flos and her companions with compliments.

Listening to Scales's words makes Flos wonders, "Aren't you scared?"

"Scared?" Scale seems to have a question mark pop out of his head

"May-Day almost fed you to Picky Eater," Flos reminds the man of how he was caught and treated

Scale recalls that scene and laughs, "It's a new experience, that's for sure," at the look Flos gives him, Scale tries to defend himself, "I didn't think May-Day would drop me. They didn't have that intention, right?"

"How would you know?" Flos wants to question this person's sanity, but then she recalls this  person's sanity is skewed already, "Well, I would stop them either way,"

"I know you will, so I also count on you to stop them in time," smiling brightly, Scale tells Flos. He really thinks so.

Flos looks at this man beside her and gets a weird thought in her head. It is not entirely impossible, but... "Scale, are you interested in me?" aside from finding her and her companions interesting and powerful

"Romantically interested, you mean?" this man has the nerve to recognise his feeling with a happy grin, "Yes,"

"Oh," Flos takes back her gaze, pondering about Scale's words, "Is that a confession?"

"Consider this a...notification 1st," Scale doesn't have a plan, nor does he know how to court someone, but he still feels this kind of confession just won't do, "I will take you out on a date... Then asks you to be my girlfriend later. Do you mind?"

"When's the date?" it sounds like Flos doesn't mind

Scale can't stop the laughter from slipping out, he is feeling so happy, "Sorry, but I need to run away from His Majesty's grasp 1st for the date to happen,"

Oh, yes. There's so much work to do. Flos continues walking to the destination in silence, thinking of how she can keep Scale away from King Ray's reach. The only thing she can think of is asking Queen Viola to keep King Ray at bay. Maybe she will do just that.

At this point, Scale thinks of just asking Flos in person, "Should I ask for permission from Mister Rhythm to take you out on a date?"

"Huh?" Flos blinks her eyes at Scale in confusion, "Why ask him about my business?"