Chapter 33: His Revenge Pt.2

Yuna stares at Kai's lifeless body as she continues to try and shake him to wake him up. But nothing was happening... She places her head on his chest crying not knowing what to do or how to feel. It was all her fault. The only reason Kai was here was because of her. If she had just listened to Jungkook, then he would still be alive and they could still stop Jungkook.

"He's lying..."

Kai's words ring in her head as she tries to grieve at his death. She stares at Kai's face with his pale skin and closed eyes. She whispers, "Right... He still could've lied and killed you afterwards..."

Yuna's tears dry up as she contemplates on what to do. It's not the time to cry, she still has to warn others about Jungkook... But she can't leave Kai here... It's all her fault he was in this mess so she had to fix it. She was the one who first met with Jungkook. She was the one who led Jungkook to her friends. Yuna had to do something that wasn't just crying or being useless. Her eyes drift to the pentagram drawn from Jungkook's blood on his clothes. Yuna's eyes widen as she quickly stands and grabs the knife that Jungkook threw on the floor.

"YUNA!"

Yuna freezes after hearing Ryujin call her. She slowly turns her head as Ryujin flies to the ground. The succubus notices the dead grim reaper and the knife on Yuna's hand. Ryujin's eyes widened but Yuna immediately cleared the confusion, "Jeon Jungkook." Ryujin's wings unconsciously expand along with her tail standing up, "Where did you hear–" Yuna says trying to stop her voice from breaking, "We don't have time. Hyunjin is in the cave locked up. Jungkook killed Kai and he's going after Yeji. You have to warn them, now."

Ryujin shuts her mouth and closes her eyes. She inhales and exhales then says, "Okay." Ryujin flies into the cave to break Hyunjin out as Yuna glances at Kai's body, "I'll bring you back."

Ryujin destroys the doors to Hyunjin's prison cell as the vampire stares at her in shock. Hyunjin says, "H-how did you–" Ryujin runs to his chains and looks around from a key if Jungkook left it behind. Hyunjin says, "Yeji... You have to–" Ryujin lost her patience and yanked the chains off the wall and pulled Hyunjin out of the prison. With his help, she broke him free of the chains. Ryujin says sternly, "Can you fly?" He nods his head as she runs out saying, "Well, keep up. Tell me everything that happened and everything Jungkook told you."

The two fly out as Yuna cuts her palm to create enough blood to draw a pentagram on the grass. She pulls Kai's body with struggle trying to get him at the center. Yuna places both her hands on the pentagram and starts to chant a spell. The red on the grass of the plain started to glow white as Kai's body slowly floated up until he stood upright. Yuna starts to get light headed from all the blood loss but she couldn't stop now. She had to repay him. She had to make up for her mistake. At a sudden white flash and slight shockwave, Yuna is sent flying back on the soft grass while Kai's body remains upright.

The hole in his chest healed itself while the bite marks on his neck disappeared. Kai's eyes open wide as he gasps for air. He fell to his knees in shock as he slowly regained consciousness. He looks around confused, "W-what happened? Y-yuna? YUNA!?" Kai stands up and glances around to see Yuna on her back on the grass.

Kai ran up to her and helped her sit down, "Yuna, hey. Wake up!" Yuna's eyes slowly fluttered as she stared at Kai with tears starting to form, "I-it worked, you're alive again." Kai stutters, "A-again? I died?" Yuna nods her head weakly and says, "Not enough time... you have to help Ryujin and Hyunjin get to Yeji... Jungkook got away and went after her with your scythe."

Kai whispers, "You revived me... H-how?" Yuna chuckles with a bit pride, "I learned it on my own because Jungkook never taught me it because he said it was dangerous." Kai gently caresses her face, "D-dangerous? Are you okay?" Yuna smiles at him and whispers, "I thought it would kill me or take a leg but... I-I'm perfectly normal." Kai wipes the tear dripping down her cheek, "Normal? That's good, right?" Yuna shakes her head with tears starting to flow, "I'm normal, Kai. I'm human. I gave up my magic to save you. So don't waste my sacrifice and get to Yeji quickly. Please. I know my way back and I'll go to my dorm so you don't have to worry or think about me. J-just please help me fix what I've messed up." Kai stares at her, noticing her determination and guilt in her eyes. He nods his head and whispers, "Wait for me, I won't die this time." She smiles at him as he quickly flies away