Part 39

After changing, Flos and Scale go to the East Gate to reunite with Rhythm and Queen Viola. Reaching their destination, they see Rhythm standing with his back on them, holding an open umbrella without Queen Viola around. Scale is immediately concerned, "Mister Rhythm, where is Her Majesty?"

"Ah? You guys are back..." Rhythm turns around to greet the 2, only to be silenced by what he sees, "Why does it look like you 2 are wearing matching outfits?"

"Where is Her Majesty?" Flos asks, not answering Rhythm's question for the obvious reason

They do not just look like they are wearing matching outfits. Flos and Scale do match their outfits when picking clothes to change into. It takes time, yes, but they are not late for anything, are they?

"Her Majesty is inside," Rhythm points at the door he is guarding, "With His Majesty,"

Flos then remembers the mark on Her Majesty's neck. Pointing at her own neck whilst facing Rhythm, Flos gets the answer since her childhood friend knows what she is asking, "His Majesty's 1st attention is on Her Majesty's neck,"

Flos winces at the thought of King Ray's reaction towards the hand mark on Queen Viola's neck. Knowing Queen Viola was driven down the building but not knowing the strangling mark on Queen Viola's neck, Scale is a little confused by the grim expression shared by this pair of childhood friends. The confusion does not last long since Flos quickly fills him in on the details.

"Aaaah..." Scale's drawl fully expresses their feelings on this matter, "His Majesty is inside with Her Majesty?" at Rhythm's nod, Scale smiles at them, "Let's leave this place quickly, before His Majesty opens the door,"

Flos is already walking away, "You think Her Majesty will calm His Majesty?"

"Of course, Her Majesty will," Scale follows Flos, certainty fills his words, "However, it doesn't mean His Majesty's temper won't explode- I mean, His Majesty might still be vindictive- I mean, His Majesty the King will surely not forgive the perpetrator easily,"

Rhythm follows behind Flos and Scale, looking at them oddly. They just go to get a change of clothes, why does it look like their relationship has changed too? Thinking about it, Rhythm decides to just ask these 2, "What's going on with you 2?"

Flos and Scale stop walking, glance at each other, then Scale tells Rhythm with a smile, "I am romantically interested in Miss Flos and I am also pursuing her,"

Hearing Scale's admission, Rhythm has an incredibly astonished expression on his face. Flos's non-rebuttal causes Rhythm's jaw to drop. These 2 are really going to be together? Rhythm can't help but question Scale, "Are you really okay with Flos??"

Flos squints her eyes at Rhythm, debating whether to let Picky Eater regains its shape to give her childhood friend a scare. On the other hand, Scale responds to Rhythm's rude words seriously, "I should be asking whether Miss Flos is okay with me,"

Hearing Scale calling her that again, even though he is older and she is not being polite with him, Flos addresses the man, "Just call me by my name, Flos,"

"Alright, Flos," Scale smiles, teeth showing

Rhythm feels everything he witnesses using his own 2 eyes feels so incredible. But then it occurs to him, "Flos, are you going to stay in the Capital after the contract expires?" to be with Scale

"No," Flos has no intention to stay for the trouble it will bring her, "I am going back to Rafflesia Village,"

Rhythm points at Scale with a raised eyebrow, silently asking what Flos is gonna do with her boyfriend. Scale knows Rhythm's question and answers for himself, "Unfortunately, I don't think I can retire in these few years unless there is a great change in the original plan," looking at Flos, Scale says, "So it will be a long-distance love affair for us," seeing as Flos is not reacting, Scale asks slowly, "Do you mind?"