Chapter 13

Callahan already adjusted the magic ball. Meaning, Catherina can use it but twice a week only.

'Checking Owen twice is already enough.'

"Rina. Callahan told me that you asked for the magic ball to be adjusted." Her ather uttered.

They were currently in the middle of eating lunch.

"Yes." Catherina responded.

"You should've approached me instead. I could've given you a teleportation necklace."

"It's fine, father. Thank you."

"But where would you go that you need the device?" Her mother interjected a question.

"There's a friend that I made recently."

"!!!"

All three of them went quiet as Catherina said that. They looked surprised.

"..."

"Who is this friend?" Her mother's tone was serious.

"Is it someone I know?" Callahan added.

"From what household is this friend of yours?" Her father uttered.

"He's not from any-"

"He?!" All three of them said together as they cut her off.

"???"

'What's going on?'

"Is something wrong?" She asked.

"No, no it's nothing. We were just curious about your new friend." Her mother smiled.

"Oh."

"Wait, Rina. The bracelet that you showed me some time ago, did you also give it to him?" Callahan curiously asked.

"Yes. Why?"

"She gave him a bracelet? From Rina personally? I kinda want to meet this friend of yours." Her father added.

'I guess they really were curious about Owen.'

"Ahaha Rina, we were just happy that you made a friend." Her mother smiled... Forced a smile rather.

"Thank you. I'm done eating already so I'll get going first."

"Okay, have a great time." Her mother smiled.

Catherina stood up from her seat and left the dining room.

" ♪ Hmm hm ♪ "

She hummed as she slowly walked around the hallways.

A few maidservants passed by and they greeted when they saw her.

Thinking about maids, Catherina remembered that the heroine of the game was also a maidservant.

'Who did she serve again?'

*Clack*

She closed the door as soon as she arrived inside her room. She lied on her bed directly after. "Hahh.."

Catherina started pondering again.

There are many things that she wants to know because the game was too shallow in providing the characters' background.

For example, the heroine. She wants to know the reason why she served in the Dwight mansion.

The villain too. Catherina wants to know why he hated the imperial family and the heroine.

Even Dorothea's point of view wasn't mentioned when she faced her destruction.

"I forgot..."

Twelve years have passed since she played that game.