Chapter 11: Madness In Shibuya Begins!!

Nana's POV (October 31, 2018)

After receiving instructions from Gojo sensei, my 1st-year friends and I along with Utahime sensei went on a secret investigation mission just a few days ago. According to Gojo sensei, there were two moles in Jujutsu High, one of which was a Jujutsu higher-up, but since we won't be able to do anything about that, our main target was to figure out whoever was feeding information to that higher-up. And turns out, that the suspected individual was Mechamaru, a 2nd-year student from Kyoto. Though we were able to discover his secret hideout that day, we didn't find him anywhere there, unfortunately.

Today just a few hours ago, we received a very important mission that caused both the Tokyo and Kyoto high schools to take action immediately at once. There was news that at 7:00 PM, a curtain was cast with a four-hundred-meter radius in the middle of Shibuya City where non-sorcerers could enter the curtain but they couldn't exit, trapping them inside. Jujutsu sorcerers and managers on the other hand could move through it without any difficulty, but the reception was blocked so all communication had to be maintained outside the curtain.

For this mission, we were divided into four separate groups where we took place in four different areas outside the curtain; team Nanami consisting of me myself, Nanami, Megumi, and Takuma Ino at Shibuya Station Near Exit-13; team Zenin consisting of Naobito Zenin, Maki senpai and Nobara at Shibuya Mark City Restaurant Avenue Entrance; team Kusakabe consisting of Atsuya Kusakabe sensei (Maki, Panda, and Inumaki's homeroom teacher) and Panda senpai; and team Mei Mei consisting of Mei Mei, her younger brother Ui Ui and Yuji.

"It's a curtain that traps only civilians. Civilians can only enter. As for windows, that depends on the person. Jujutsu sorcerers and assistant managers can come and go as they please." Ijichi informed our team Nanami as we stood in front of the Near Exit-13 of Shibuya Station.

At that moment, I looked down at my wristwatch, noticing the time was 8:14 PM.

"Any reception?" Nanami asked.

"Blocked. All communication will have to be done outside the curtain or through us managers." Ijichi replied.

"Sounds like quite the pain." Nanami sighed in frustration.

"Fushiguro, Osaki!" Ino called out excitedly, tapping our shoulders, causing us to look over at him. "Curtains, the conditions that can be used to increase or decrease the barrier's effectiveness, are usually only things related to cursed energy. So, basically, humans cursed spirits and cursed objects. Therefore reception being blocked is a secondary effect of the curtain. But the curtain can't actually block or allow reception."

"Um, yes, we know that..." Megumi muttered out, giving him a confused look while I sweat-dropped at the older man.

"Ino, both of them are excellent students. Stop trying to show off just because you're older." Nanami deadpanned in response which offended Ino greatly.

"What do you mean by that Nanami?!" Ino snapped, but Nanami ignored him.

"And... where is Gojo?" Nanami asked Ijichi.

"Gojo-san is on his way to enter inside the curtain barrier." Ijichi replied and I let out a shaky breath.

I didn't know why but for some reason I wasn't feeling too well at that moment. There was this uneasy feeling deep inside my heart that something really bad was going to happen today. I knew Gojo sensei was there and he was the strongest among all, capable enough to take care of everything on his own, but still.

After that small briefing with Ijichi, our team parted ways before we surveyed the station exit-13 for a while when at 8:31 PM, I received a text message from Gojo sensei, saying that he had just entered inside the curtain and asked me to wish him best of luck. I smiled at his text in response and wished him to do his best in the mission, already knowing that he would always do his best at anything without any doubt. After all, Gojo sensei was the strongest.