261-263

Chapter 261 - Perhaps He Owes Zhang ZhiYang a 'Thank You' (1)

Li XinYun looked regretful after she heard that. Has she known that her mother didn't like Fang JueMing much, she would never had let him be a guest on her show.

"Boss Fang." Fang JueMing approached them with a very bright smile. He had a lot of respect for Fang JunRong after her speech at Gaoyuan Corporation's news conference. He felt that she was truly an entrepreneur with a conscience, unless the others. As such, when he found out that her daughter was hosting a competition, he volunteered his participation and didn't even ask for a fee.

Fang JunRong only looked at him nonchalantly. Those who were close to her could tell that she was not in good spirits. But those who weren't close to her would just assume that this was her usual stuck-up self. Fang JueMing was the latter. He didn't feel that there was anything wrong with her attitude toward him – with her status, she needed to be stuck-up to stop all the advances that would otherwise have to face. He could only lament how she had maintained herself better than many actresses in the entertainment circle. One could not tell her age at all from her look and temperament. Nobody would doubt that she was a day over 25. At that very moment, he reached the same conclusion as many who had met Fang JunRong for the first time – that Li WangJin had, for sure, gone blind!

He then spotted Jiang DeXian next to her. He felt that Jiang DeXian was overly handsome and a also looking somewhat familiar. He couldn't, however, recall right away where he knew him from.

"Let's go, DeXian," said Fang JunRong to Jiang DeXian.

It was still another half an hour to the competition; and Fang JunRong was in no hurry to go on stage. She didn't want to go to the backstage either. There were, after all, a lot of people there. With her current status, most would want to network with her. She was better off taking a stroll around the campus. The weather was nice with a mild breeze today and was very pleasant.

Her words jotted his memory immediately and he had a look of sudden realization. "It was him!"

Fang JueMing didn't know that Jiang DeXian had quit the entertainment circle to become Fang JunRong's assistant. That was a good decision, though. Jiang DeXian's personality was not a good fit for the entertainment circle. He was not enough of a smooth talker, much like himself when he first started out. Working for Fang JunRong was not a bad path. He had heard previously that Fang JunRong had an extremely handsome little fresh meat by her side. That she doted on him a lot and brought him with her everywhere that she went. That must have referred to Jiang DeXian. Looking at the interaction between the two today, they did not look like a rich woman and her boy toy at all. It was probably all untruthful and malicious rumors. Her being able to ignore all of those words speak to her magnanimous personality.

He suddenly recalled Li Xuan, another guest that was here today. He couldn't help but shook his head. There would be drama in a little bit for sure. Then again, Li Xuan would not be able to touch Jiang DeXian at all. Fang JunRong was obviously the type who'd defend those that she liked. She would never let anyone around her be bullied.

***

As the organizer, Li XinYun had a lot of tend to, especially by this hour. She could not afford any mistakes. She quickly returned to tend to her work after she had met up with Fang JunRong.

She did, however, mentioned something to Fang JunRong before she walked away.

"Oh, yeah, Big Sister said she likes candidate #12. That he is very talented and will be able to carve out his own career path. She wants to sign him into our company regardless of whether he wins today or not." She paused for a little, then added, "I don't like him much, though. I feel that he has ulterior motive. I think his goal is Big Sister!