264-265

Chapter 264 - He Planned to Use XinYun and Zhong Yi to Become Famed? That Audacity! (1)

On the other side, Fang JunRong, too, saw Li Xuan who was running behind. He was the latest to arrive among all the guests. He smiled and greeted the others. The smile on him made others have second thoughts before expressing their disgruntlement toward him.

"I apologize. Something else came up. I'll treat everyone to dinner after the competition." He looked over at Fang JunRong as he talked and was stunned. Fang JunRong looked younger and prettier than he had imagined. She was particularly charming when she glanced over at someone. He had asked around some of the workers after talking to Jiang DeXian and learned that Jiang DeXian, lo and behold, was Fang JunRong's assistant and the two of them were almost inseparable.

He recalled the 50-million-yuan bonus that Jiang DeXian had mentioned earlier. That was no assistance, he was obviously a kept lover. Never would he had expected that all those years of pretending to be high and mighty, Jiang DeXian had finally walked down this path. And he had the audacity to act all high and mighty in front of him. That being said, comparing Jiang DeXian's keeper with the ones in his past, the gap between them made him uncomfortable.

He did not let his blue feeling lingered for long. He turned them into a sort of determination. He was much more famed than Jiang DeXian. There was no reason why he would fail at something that Jiang DeXian could achieve. If Jiang DeXian found out that he had snatched his keeper from under his nose, he would certain not be able to maintain that nonchalant look for much longer.

The smile on him deepened when he thought about that. His eyes curved and his canine teeth visible. He had them made purposefully to give himself the naïve look of a young man. Many were in to that and he had been doted on for years because of it. He had been falling out of favor recently as his face had become more stiffed.

"Miss Fang. I didn't think I will have the opportunity to meet you today. What an honor."

His smile was bright, without a shred of gloominess.

It would have been very difficult had Fang JunRong not had any ideas of what he had done in the past. Now that she knew about them, his face disgusted her. She looked as nonchalant as usual but her tone was impolite. "Seems like it is an unlucky day for me."

Li Xuan's smile froze on his face a little. He hadn't expected that Fang JunRong wouldn't play along at all. He was a guest just like her. Even if she didn't like her, wouldn't she at least put up a front? Noticing that everybody was looking over at them, his face began to burn, mostly from anger. He was a celebrity after all and Fang JunRong had embarrassed him in front of everyone.

He was certain that Jiang DeXian had badmouthed him in front of her!

Thought Li Xuan to himself angrily. That being said, he dared not unleash on Fang JunRong. The gap between the two of them was only too significant. He finally lowered his head and he couldn't be angrier.

He pulled out his cellphone and looked for a specific text. Staring at the text for a little while, he finally had his mind made. Had Fang JunRong been better to him, he might still be on her side and let her in on something. Now... hah, he only wanted to see misfortunes befell on her.

Had Fang JunRong knew what was going through Li Xuan's mind, she would have snickered. Who did he think he was? And he thought that she would need to put up a front for him?

Being where she was today, she no longer had the need to put up a front for anyone.

She looked through the stack of document in her hands.

Today was the final round of the competition. The two remaining candidates were #12 - Ren Dongzhi and #7 – Dong Junming. Ren Dongzhi was handsome in an ostentatious kind of way and his features prominent. His cherry-blossom eyes mellowed out his cold temperament and added a hint of seductiveness. Dong Junming, on the other hand, was the everyday docile and handsome little fresh meat type. He looked very naïve when he smiled, like a little harmless animal.