10 | Resort

Your POV
The team went into the meeting room for debrief and by habit, I followed them in until I was stopped by Nat, nothing goes through her. I looked at her confused until she said. "Stop, you can wait in the living room for us." She placed her hand down and closed the door in front of me.

I pressed my ears on the door but I was unable to hear anything. It was perfectly soundproof so no information could be leaked unintentionally. It was the only room which was soundproof, other rooms were not approved for soundproofing for safety purposes.

Reluctantly, I peeled away from the door and walked towards my room.

I'm stuck in a stalemate. There's nothing I can do about Hydra and the Black Org when I have no information. Conan and Hailey have encountered some cases, it seems wherever he goes, there would be a dead man and a case waiting for him to solve, but none of them relate back.

A knock on my door brought me out of my thoughts. "Allison? Can I come in?" I looked around, making sure nothing was out of place before opening the door for Nat.

I looked up at her tall figure.

"Yes?" I asked timidly. Our past interactions have always been her telling me not to be reckless.

"Pack your bags."

"What?" Was I being chased out?

"Tony booked a resort for us since we settled this mission. You know, him and his celebration." I released a breath I didn't know I was holding.  Man... the way she asked me to pack my bags, I thought she was going to kick me out.

"When are we going?" I opened the door further to invite Nat in.

"Now." She said as she helped me take out a duffle bag.

---

"What about school?" Halfway through the journey, I realised that I was still supposed to have school this week.

"I already told the school you're not attending this week." So it seems like the school also has her contact as one of the guardians.

"Where are we going then?" I placed my elbow on my knees as I crossed my legs at the back row. The journey was getting long and it seemed like we weren't going to stop soon. It made me think if they were going to another mission.

"Just one of Tony's resorts." Wanda replied. The ladies were travelling in one car and the guys in another.

---

"There's a lot of facilities here, we are staying here for a week so do whatever you want to do! Go Wild!" Tony exclaimed as he passed us our room keys. It was a suite so the girls have one room while the boys have two. One for Tony all by himself of course. 

It isn't a peak season but there were still a number of people in the resort. I'm surprised that Tony didn't book the entire place out.

"Have you been to a jacuzzi?" Wanda asked.

"No." I shook my head.

"Then let's go!" Wanda dragged my arm and started pulling me to the indoor jacuzzi, leaving Nat to settle everything. There were towels provided inside so we didn't bring anything other than our swimsuit and bikini.

Stepping in carefully, holding the rails for support, not wanting to slip on the steps on the first day and ruin everything. We sat by the jet that create the stream of water and bubbles. We talked about what type of movie and show we like and dislike and how some plot doesn't make any sense. My voice was vibrating as the jet hits my body.

We were laughing when Nat finally came in. "Nice to see you are having fun while I have to clean up your mess." Her hair was in a messy bun. The bikini she was wearing, not caring about the scars and bruises she had or just acquired from before, just couldn't contain her beauty. Her confidence was over spilling. 

I heard Wanda gasped and turned to face her. She had her hand over her mouth but cleared her throat and went back to her sides.

"Are you okay? Your face is red. How long have you been here?"

"No no i-it's just the water here is hotter than I thought." I stuttered. Fuck, I can't keep my eyes off her.

"Well, be careful, I don't want you to be fainting." She went to sit next to Wanda.

"No news on Y/N?" Wanda asked, hoping for some good news.

Nat sighed in her seat and shook her head. "No... No calls, no text, no note. I'm starting to think she just ditched us."

"Maybe she's doing a mission for Fury." Wanda tried to be optimistic.

"I asked Fury, but he said she wasn't given any mission and he doesn't know where she is either." Nat had no choice but to bring down her friend's hope.

"Well, look on the bright side, no news could be good news." Wanda tried to cheer up Nat. Both were great friends of mine. Guilt, is something I'll never be able to shake off. Even if I managed to get my body back, and that is if I managed to.

"I- I am going to head back to the room first." I got up and left the jacuzzi, leaving the two older women in the tub.

---

Second POV
You were sitting in front of the dressing table twirling the pen that the resort provides. That's another thing about you, there's always a pen in your pocket, ready to be used. Whether to sign papers or to kill.

Natasha and Wanda continued in the jacuzzi talking while Bucky and Sam were competing to see who can stay in the sauna the longest. Steve was in the mini library they provided while Tony was partying in the club exclusively for members only.

With a pen in one hand and your phone in the other, you were scrolling through your text messages formulating a plan. You can't sit here and wait for them to make a move but you don't know where they are operating.

Hailey mentioned that they often have intermediaries working for them, companies, influential people and high ranking officials that government agencies fear. Before they are able to give any information to the police, they would be dead and there were lots of examples for that. People were not willing to betray the organisation willingly.

Suddenly, you felt a hand on your shoulder and you swiftly turned around, ready to jab the pen into their neck. Red mist surrounds your wrist and you widen your eyes.

"W-Wanda..." You were worried you'd blown your cover.

"I have been trying to be kind, Allison. Your thoughts were pretty loud. I didn't say anything doesn't mean I don't know anything, Allison. Or should I say Y/N?" Wanda surrounded your body in red mist and pinned you to the wall while she went to change.

"You've managed to trick us for quite some time. You appeared on the same day Y/N disappeared. So I decided to look into your mind, you may be able to change your appearance, but doesn't mean your memories would." Wanda moved you to the bed but you haven't said a word.

She wasn't like this, this is different. You had expected her to support you even though it may be wrong. "H-have you told Nat?"

"So what if I did?"

Posted on 19 Feb 2022