Things are hard

"Do you think you'll join Cobra Kai?" I asked Robby, I was sitting with him in the back room while he was working out 

"I'm not sure" he sighed "After everything that's happened I'm not sure I want to get back into karate" 

"Yeah, that makes sense," I told him as Tory walked into the room 

"You're supposed to spot him you know," she said looking at Robby and then at me 

"He claims he doesn't need one," I told her rolling my eyes. Robby stood up and grabbed his water bottle and took a sip 

"Looks like you've upgraded from running away to hiding" Tory scoffed 

"I'm not hiding," he told her 

"Could have fooled me, I don't remember seeing you at the fight, you left me, Aella, and the rest of the cobras to fend for themselves" 

"What were either of you even thinking" he snapped "you'd break into the LaRusso's, hurt same, and everything would be sunshine and roses? You're lucky the LaRusso's didn't call the cops. As for you" he turned to face me "you could have gotten seriously hurt and then had the cops called on you, how would that have been? you could have ended up in Juvie and trust me it isn't fun" 

"I couldn't just stand to the side," I told him "how would that have looked?" 

"Girls like Sam LaRusso think the world revolves around them," Tory said with a look full of contempt "and why should she? all she has to do to get what she wants is make a puppy dog face and say please, even after she dropped you she's still got you wrapped around her finger, honestly, I feel bad for Aella, why did you even choose to stay with him?" she asked 

"That is not true," Robby said sternly 

"Then why are you defending her?" Tory raised an eyebrow "I'd watch out Aella and you know what Robby, you're right to skip practice, if you're going to stay on defense this isn't the right dojo for you" She quickly left the room with a scoff 

"You know that's not true right," Robby said softly sitting down next to me "Sam is in the past" 

"I know" I sighed resting my head on his shoulder "but I wouldn't blame you if you still liked her a tiny bit, it takes a while to get over people after you date them"

"What do you mean by that?" he asked defensively 

"I'm just saying it's normal to still have feelings for your ex and I wouldn't blame you if you did" 

"So what? you still like Hawk? is that what you're trying to say" he snapped standing up 

"This has nothing to do with Hawk" I cried standing up as well "I was just trying to be nice but you made it into something it's not" 

"Well how am I supposed to know that, when I came back he was bringing you roses," Robby said and I let out a frustrated laugh 

"We explained it to you then, it wasn't because we had a thing going on it was because he still like me but that's over ok, I don't like him anymore, it's only you" 

"Sure" he said 

"What the fuck is your problem" I yelled "I just care about you, is that such a horrible thing? you're pushing everyone who cares about you away and eventually you'll have no one left" I walked out of the room and out of the dojo, I couldn't believe Robby had it all twisted up like that. 

I didn't really know who I could talk to about this though, my mom would tell me to break it off with him, Sam was probably in Miyagi-Do right now and it might be awkward to go over there but everyone I could talk to was either in Eagle Fang or Miyagi-do. I know I promised Robby that I would stay with him but I wasn't close with people in Cobra Kai anymore. 

I was so involved in my own thoughts that I crashed right into a girl as I was leaving the dojo. "I'm sorry," I told her "I wasn't watching where I was going"

"It's fine," she said quickly before heading to the back room. I wondered who she was, she had dark brown hair and she looked quite strong, maybe a new recruit Kreese had found? I knew that all the stuff that was going on with my old friends and Robby were going to distract me so I had to get back on track, I couldn't let it harm my performance for the All Valley. 

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

"Things are, well they aren't going so well," Demetri told me, we were at a restaurant catching up, we had planned to do it every week "it's hard for the Miyagi-Dos having former Cobra Kais with them" 

"That makes sense" I nodded "Is Sensei Lawrence doing anything about it?"

"What can he do?" Demetri asked "he can't change the past, even Mr.LaRusso don't like the former Cobras, Nate and Chris kicked Eli out of the hut today and when Hawk confided in Mr.LaRusso the reply he got was, and I quote, what did you expect? you burned bridges wit pretty much everyone here" 

"Damn" I took a sip of my lemonade "that's tough" 

"Is that all you have to say about it?" Demetri asked 

"Well I don't know what I can say, I feel bad for him but it's his own fault that this is where he is now, I don't want to agree with Mr.LaRusso but it's a fact" 

"He needs you Aella," Demetri told me "he was much happier when you were around"

"You know I can't do that" I sighed "Besides, this has nothing to do with me, even if I was there I couldn't just make people forgive Eli, it takes time and he needs to show people that he's changed" 

"Please, please come back" Demetri pleaded "you belong with us, I know you love Robby but if he truly loves you too he'll let you go and he won't take offense to it" I knew Demetri was right but I couldn't leave now, not after we got into a fight about Eli. I would have to fix things and then see if I could get away. 

Who do you guys want to see her with at the end of this book, Robby or Hawk?