Chapter 13 - The New Threat pt. 2

"The Demon wha-" Axel questioned.

"Demon King. Or at least that's what he calls himself." (Y/N) summarized while Jules was busy writing a report on his tablet.

"So those creepy ass markings and pendants we've been seeing are really just some demon claiming his territory?!"

"Yea..." The countryside, outskirts, and the city... It's impossible for one demon to defend all of that so that must be where the followers come in.

"And we have to deal with that?!" To say Axel was in disbelief by all of this is an understatement.

"No, not right now. It's better if we get as much information as we can about him before coming up with a plan. Just by how Vam and Tuca described him, it may not be so easy..." But then there's the followers they'll have to deal with too. If they behaved like a cult, the followers will do anything to protect the leader.

    Jules finished writing his report and sent it off to as many other Zones as he could, especially those in their area. The more people are aware of this, the better.

    He leaned back in the chair he was sitting in by a desk inside one of the carriers and sighed deeply. "How could we have missed a demon like this for three years?"

"How could a demon like this even exist?!" Axel exclaimed. "Since when do demons follow? It sounds impossible!"

     (Y/N) shrugged. "It is possible as long as they're all loyal to one another." Tuca's family, Edith's group. Demons can work together as long as they have trust in one another. "But with Zankoku, it sounds forced. Vam told us how he recruits demons but he must have some way of locking them in. Most demons don't always go down without a fight."

    Axel groaned loudly. "This trip just got 100x worst and it's only the first one..."

"We need to figure out where the demon is so no one runs into it soon. It's better if we access before executing." Jules turned to his wife. "Can you see if those two know of any locations we need to watch out for? They're our only source of information we have right now."

    (Y/N) nodded. She was going to question them further about Zankoku anyways. They must know more about him since Tuca considers him his uncle despite being scared of him.

"I'm gonna go pray that we won't have to deal with this thing for our first trip." Axel huffed as he turned to leave.

"Since when do you pray?" Jules raised an eyebrow.

"Since now! I feel like I have to after hearing all of that." With that, he marched off the carrier and out of sight. Probably to go find the stash of alcohol he and the other Capturers are hiding from their Chief.

    Jules rolled his eyes. "Can he not be dramatic for one moment...?"

"I'm kinda with him though." (Y/N) muttered. "This is a lot for just our first trip. We haven't even made it halfway through the route yet and we already have some massive demon to look out for."

"If we do come across it, capturing it is off the table. Sounds too dangerous to study or even be around. We'll have to eradicate it on the spot."

    (Y/N) agreed. It's better if the Demon King was killed rather than alive and experimented on. She hopes other Zones in the area are thinking the same and not planning on leaving him alive for experiments. It'll be more dangerous than it's worth.

    After a quick kiss to her husband, (Y/N) grabbed her helmet and left the carrier to go find Vam and Tuca. They said they've been traveling since the family left, they must know of areas to avoid or possibly where Zankoku is residing. The more information the better.