Mana Core

[Author's Notes: Decided to rewrite some chapters are reading through them and realizing my mistakes.]

Jude's POV:

"Beginner's Guide for the Privileged Mage"

"While the power to control mana is largely genetic, there are many cases where children of Magi come out unable to sense the mana around them. A recent census showed that roughly 1 in 100 children are able to sense mana, but the extent of which could only be tested when their mana core first completely developed—anywhere from their early adolescence to late teen years. It will be apparent when a mage first awakens by the initial repellence of the surrounding mana when their mana core manifests. This results in a translucent barrier forming around the awakened that lasts a couple of minutes."

I also learned a lot about the world I live in. The continent we live in is called Dicathen. There are four major regions in the continent: the kingdom of humans which lay to the west, Sapin; the kingdom of elves which lay to the north, Elenoir; the kingdom of Dwarves which lied to the south, Darv and the Beast Glades to the east, the free region where monsters roamed and dungeons existed. The mana core's levels are described in colours of purification. Black, red, orange, yellow, silver and white. The current strongest mages are silver core mages. 

I also learned about the elements. There are four basic elements: earth, wind, fire and water. These elements have their personal deviants or higher versions. Ice is the deviant of water, the sound is the deviant of wind, gravity is the deviant of earth and lightning is the deviant of fire. The water and earth magic combine to form plant magic deviant; earth and fire combine to form the magma deviant and earth also has the metal deviant. Elves can use water, earth, wind, plant and sound magic. Humans can use all four basic elements as well as the four basic deviants. Dwarves can use earth and fire magic as well as magma, metal and gravity magic. 

The elemental specialisation begins after one reaches the orange core. Humans also have a special type of magician, called the emitters who have the ability to heal. My mother is an emitter. Emitters are very rare. Elves also have a special type of magician called Diviner who have the ability to see the future. Elenoir and Sapin have a loose relationship mainly because of the slave traders. Elves are much better looking than humans and thus are enslaved to be sold to perverted nobles in Sapin. I even read about a major war that happened a few decades ago. Darv is a nation of commerce, which makes sense seeing that Dwarves are the best blacksmiths and weapon-smiths.  

Mana core is the basis of magic in this world. There are two types of magicians who majorly exist, the augmenter and the conjurer. Conjurers are the typical mages, shooting long and mid-range spells. Augmenters use mana to reinforce themselves and fight in close quarters. Of course, I wanted to be an augmenter. To rub salt on old wounds, reading about conjurers stirred my memories about Cordelia. What would she be doing right now? I started getting dreams of the time we spent together in the Pleiades as we went around saving the world. I also got nightmares of our death at the hand of the Overlords. I clenched my jaw tight as I slept, swearing to get back home and ruin the work of the Overlords.

Developing a mana core requires mana to be concentrated at a point in the body. This happens naturally, and the age at which the mana core fully develops depends on race and talent. Elves have a higher affinity to magic and thus have an average age of 8 of awakening. Humans have an average age of 12. However, it is possible to force the mana to concentrate at a certain point during meditation. Meditation can allow for mana to be more attracted, and allow for them to be guided to a point. I started meditating in order to form my core after understanding the principle behind it, and my brother followed suit. 

After a few years of meditation, my mana core was ready to be awakened. We both reached the last step and just as the mana core formed...

BOOM!!

Alice's POV:

Both of my lovely boys have grown up well. I felt like leaping with joy when they learned how to crawl, only to later realise how much of a hassle they are. I can't leave the two alone for a few seconds! They were going to become harder to handle than their father at this rate! 

Both my boys are growing to become ladykillers in the future. I am not just saying this because they are my sons! Arthur's big, bright azure eyes which seem full of intelligence matched with his auburn hair create the perfect cutie. Jude seems to even top him, with sparkling emerald-like eyes and the darkest hair I have ever seen which seem to perfectly contrast against his pale skin, making him one of the future most handsome guys for sure! 

I love both of them equally of course, however, both of them give these weird auras. Arthur has an atmosphere that is that of a little king, which just makes me want to cuddle him more! Jude has an even greater aura, hmm... how should I describe this? One of a king? It somehow seems even beyond that. Sometimes, when he is sleeping, his aura seems to be that of a god. Well, that's impossible. It must be my brain messing with me. I am planning on celebrating the two's third birthday with everything I can. It's in 23 days after all! 

The two seem to be very sneaky. Stealthily getting into the library and reading books about mana. The two also seemed very interested when they saw their father training in the backyard. I went outside to check on Rey, who has been training for several hours already and needs to break. Suddenly, as I was handing him some fruits to eat...

BOOM!

[Authors Notes: New author here, please comment on what to improve. I decided to explain some of the beginning after the end stuff at the beginning of the chapter. Who should I ship Arthur with- Tess or Kathyln or Caera?]