Chapter 29

For a while I stood there shocked. Unable to move. Pete was right before me, alive.

Suddenly, rage filled my veins and I lunged for him, ready to rip him to pieces.

"Why are you still alive?!" I growled once I got close.

"Because, unlike your little bitch sister, I have actual life." He spat back just as venomously.

"How dare you-" My hand is held back by Zayde, reminding me of his presence. Pete smirked.

"Who's the boy? Finally found someone who wanted your waste of space?" He quipped with a cynical smile, showing off his ugly teeth. His words sunk in making me recoil into Zayde's arms who gladly embraced me.

"I'm her boyfriend." Zayde stated in an icy, firm, voice.

"Then you must be just as worthless as she is." Pete said as he tilted his head, assessing Zayde who remained unwavering.

"We aren't worthless, I'm very sure of that. You however....." Zayde trailed off raising a brow.

Pete growled, now the to lunge forward.

He missed.

Zayde pulled this back with ease.

"What do you want?!" I snapped, he smirked.

"Saw you from across the road, thought we could come reintroduce ourselves, get to know each other better." My eyebrows furrowed.

"We?"

Almost like a movie, the golden-haired devil himself, steps out of the shadows grinning evilly.

"You!" I spat. "What the fuck are you doing here?!" I never even used that word. Devon smirked.

"Hello babe. Miss me?"

"Piss off." I seethed. He smirked deeper, lifting his eyes to Zayde. I watched his smirk falter momentarily before it deepened dramatically.

My heart picked up its pace. Something was terribly wrong.

"Hello friend, picking up my leftovers I see." He said. I couldn't hold back I surged forward, striking his left cheek. He winced, rubbing the place where I slapped him.

Glaring at him I breathed heavily, holding back a string of colourful words.

"Great, now that were all acquainted, where is the girl?" Pete drawled. I stiffened.

"What girl?" I said playing oblivious. Devon rolled his eyes. "My daughter."

"She is not your daughter." I growled.

"Yes, she is."

"Say that again, and you won't say anything else." Zayde growled, his hands tightening around me.

"She ain't your business." Devon huffed.

"She very much is, seeing as I care."

"You've actually gone soft."

"You're supposed to be in jail." I deadpanned.

He shrugged nonchalantly. "I'm done with my time, behaved myself, got off early, did some community service, I'm a changed man. I also want to be a part of my daughter's life."

"You're sick." I and Zayde spat in unison.

Pete facepalmed. "Look, we're willing to welcome you into the family Skye, my nephew here has changed, he just wants to be a part of the girl's life."

"You guys are related?" Zayde piped in, his confused expression absolutely adorable.

Not the time Skylar.