CHAPTER 9

"Y-You want to see Venti?" The unknown blonde to Xiao questioned.

The other nodded.

"Come in," The golden-eyed boy motioned.

Xiao walked inside.. nervously looking around for the bard. He questioned himself for looking for him.

He then saw a picture that was framed on the wall.

It was Venti.. the blonde boy.. and him..?

He wore an entirely different outfit. Venti wore the exact outfit as he saw in his dream.

Before he could study the picture more he heard a voice.

"Xiao? What are you doing here?" a tired voice asked.

Xiao looked at Venti and hugged him.

"I-I had this dream.. I was dying and you were there.. I don't know what going on.. I came to you.. I don't know why-,"

"Xiao.. calm down.. I'm here to listen, okay?" Venti reassured.

The yaksha instantly relaxed. He let go of the the other. Venti wiped his tears.

"I had t-this dream.. I was dying and you were crying.. The placed looked so hectic.. there was so much bloodshed.." Xiao looked down with traumatized eyes.

"E-Everything felt so real.. the moment hurt so much.." he cried vulnerably.

The other sighed.

"It's okay.. I'm here.. even if it's real or not I'm here okay?" Venti knew what he was talking about. He wanted to cry, His and Xiao's last moments.. were something he never wanted to happen.

Aether watched the moment unfold. His eyes looked down with sadness.

The former adeptus's eyes started to blur. His vision started to turn black.

He fell into Venti's arms, the bard being able to catch him.

The last of his tears fall as he fell asleep peacefully onto the god's arms.

At that moment, Venti started to cry.

He picked up Xiao up.

"I'll bring him too my room.. he needs rest.." Venti says sadly looking at Aether.

The other nods slowly.

Venti walked to his room and placed Xiao on his bed.

"If only you knew.. that dream was real.." Venti sobbed.

He kissed his soulmate's forehead.

He fell asleep resting his head on the side of the bed. His body sitting on the floor, his hand holding the others.
.
.
.
.
.
A certain yaksha's eyes fluttered open. Small sunlight showing in the room.

He looked around to see no one. He caught sight of a small desk holding a picture.

It was him and Venti. He held the photo and looked at it. He didn't remember taking any photos of Venti.

He couldn't help, but think the dream was real.

He placed the frame down and stood up. He walked out the room and was greeted with a wonderful smell.

He followed the smell and it led him to the blonde boy he saw yesterday.

The other looked at Xiao and smiled.
"I assume you're feeling better?" the other smiled.

Xiao felt so familiar with the atmosphere. Venti, him, it all confused Xiao.

"D-do I know you?" the yaksha blabbered.
The other freezes in place.