Chapter 14 - The Panic

Above is a sketch of Dog I made before I started writing that I forgot to include somewhere lol

This is more of him at his full height instead of being hunched over all the time.

Violence warning ⚠️
————————————————————————

    It's been two days since the humans became aware that they were potentially being watched. As Dog expected, they upped their security.

    It became harder for him to sneak inside the school and get a closer look at everything when the humans started blocking off the areas they were in. They only took up camp in the main hall and the carriers outside, which was basically a straight line they could easily watch over. Even though Dog is fast, they'll still likely see his blur past by.

    And then there are the two younger demons that the Head Keeper is familiar with. She seems to know a lot of demons apparently. It won't be as easy trying to sneak inside if there are demons around who can sense him. Demons who are allied with the humans at that. At this rate, he won't be able to learn anything about the Chief if he can't even get close enough to observe. He needs to find a way in without being detected and soon.

     Dog got up from the small shop he was hiding in and prepared to go off to find another way to get close to the humans. As long as he avoided the demons and getting spotted, he should be fine.

"Aye!" A hand gripped onto Dog's shoulder before he could leave.

    He flinched but knew who it was after he caught sight of blond hair in his peripheral vision. 'Oh no...'

"You get anything about that guy?" Akai asked, glaring his red eyes into Dog's mask.

"About that-"

"Did you or did you not?!"

"N-Not yet." Dog quickly replied. "They know now."

"The fuck you mean they know? Know what?"

    Dog caught sight of Ki entering the room and became even more nervous. "The-There's two other demons in the school. She- seems to kn-know them."

"Two other-" Akai thought before realization hit. "Was he a kid?"

    Dog nodded, knowing that one was a male and could change into a child. Akai gritted his teeth. He turned towards Ki who seemed to realize too and looked annoyed. "The lil shit's still there!"

'They know those demons too?' Dog thought as he watched Ki and Akai become greatly bothered by this. First the other humans, now Tuca.

"I-I want to get in there, I do! But those d-demons told her about Zankoku and the scouts. Now they all know...."

"Do they know about you? Or us?" Ki questioned.

     Dog shook his head no.

"Then you're fine. Stop wasting time and get in there."

     Dog was shocked. He can't go in there, it's too dangerous! "But- if I do th-they'll catch me! Their security is hi-higher and th-those demons will sense me..."

    Akai rolled his eyes. "Fucking hell- you're weak but you're not that weak! If they catch you just run. It's the only thing you're good at anyway."

"We only want you to study the man, not her. He's not going to be around them as much as she is so don't worry about the other demons." Ki finished before he turned to leave. "And if either of them becomes a problem then you know what to do."

    Dog gulped. He didn't want to resort to that...

    Akai went to leave as well but quickly grabbed the back of Dog's neck and gripped so hard that the demon began struggling to breathe. "If we come back and you don't have anything for us again-"