Chapter 13

The reason why I said yes to this date was to keep my mind distracted from Lia who's been on my mind for days now. Also, I really wanted to give Reed a chance but no matter how much I tried to distract myself, I couldn't get Lia off my mind. As I wake up every day, it was her who I'm thinking of. As I go to sleep, she's the one tattooed on my mind. Even in my freaking dreams, she's always there.

Do I want to stop thinking about her? Maybe, no. I don't know

Or maybe I was just confused and really liked hanging out with her too. But there's this happiness I feel whenever I'm with her, and whenever we touch. There's something there that wasn't there before.

And yes, I did just quote Beauty And The Beast.

As I woke up this morning, I kept myself busy just to fill my mind with other things than her. Did it work? Not even a bit. I got ready for my date. I took a bath, brushed my teeth, tied my hair in a bun, and got dressed.

I was excited and looking forward to this date. It's been years since my first relationship, I wasn't used to dating around and someone actually liking me. When I found out that Reed likes me, my brain stopped working and I kept asking myself, what does he see in me?

Reed arrived around 11 am with a beautiful bouquet of roses. I gladly took it and put it in a vase before leaving my house. The suspense was killing me, still not knowing where he'll be taking me.

"I'm still curious about where you're taking me," I said, fixing my seatbelt.

"You're gonna love the place!"

"How can you be so sure?"

He shrugged. "Everyone loves that place,"

I faked a gasp. "Are we going to Disneyland?"

"That's a nice place for a date, but not quite," He chuckled.

He turned on the stereo and we were bopping along with the music. His music taste wasn't bad. I actually love RnB. After an hour, we finally arrived at the place that he picked.

"Roller skating." I got out of the car and scanned the oh so familiar place, squinting my eyes as the sun shone brightly at us.

He walked to the passenger side, locking the car. "I hope you don't know how to skate," He smirked.

"Let me guess, so you can catch me?" My eyebrow raised.

His smirk grew wider. "You read my mind."

"Hate to break it to you but, that's one of the things I'm good at," I shrugged.

His smirk faltered. "Really?"

"Don't worry, I'll be the one to catch you." I patted his shoulder and went inside, making him trail along.

The familiar place got me all too excited. I always go here twice a month, and I wasn't even disappointed that Reed picked this. We got our skates and placed our things on our designated locker. So eager to skate, I started without him, skating around the rink, which doesn't have much people in it.

"I'm guessing you've been here a couple of times?" He appeared on my side, wobbling a bit.

I chuckled at his state. "Mhmm. I go here every month with Winter,"

"No kidding?" I shook my head. "So you're disappointed that I took you here?" He said with a frown.

I spun around to face him, skating backward. "Not at all. I'm glad you brought me here," I started to speed up, making sure that I wouldn't bump on anyone in my way.

"Okay, that's unfair. I can't catch up with you," He skated faster, but I knew better. I sped up, earning a groan from him.

"Keep up, Ivans!" I called out.