4 AM

*A/N: HELP I JUST REMEMBERED THAT CHICA CAN EAT AFTER WRITING THIS ENTIRE CHAPTER SO HYPOTHETICALLY EVERYBODY ELSE CAN. LETS PRETEND THAT CHICA IS SPECIAL AND IS THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN DO THAT PLS AHAHAH

"Now, what did you want to talk about earlier?" you asked.

Monty immediately looked nervous, "Uh, I mean, uh, it was nothing, it's not important."

You raised your eyebrow, "Are you sure? It seemed pretty important earlier." 

"I mean, it was a little important, but it doesn't matter. It's not that important."

"C'mon just tell me! What is it? Were you mad at me again because of the whole daycare thing?"

"What? No, of course not!"

"Then what is it, Monty?"

"Just... things. I'm... confused about something."

"And what's that?"

"Well, y'know just... things. Emotion things." He nervously fidgeted with his claws.

"Emotion things?" You questioned, "Like what?"

"Like..." He paused like he was thinking about what to say next, "Something feels weird. I'm not supposed to care about what other people think, or others in general but... for some reason I do? But only with you. And it's weird."

You nodded, not exactly knowing what to say. Luckily, you didn't need to say anything, because Monty kept talking.

"And another thing is that you're nice to me? I almost freaked out on you twice! I pushed you over! But you didn't get angry. You didn't leave. A-And I know you've only been here for a few hours but... ever since you've been here I've felt genuinely happy? Like, obviously, I'm happy and I have fun when I'm performing, or celebrating a birthday party. But it's a different happy."

A long silence filled the room before you spoke, "Monty, I..." 

"I know, it's weird, I'm sorry. Forget I ever said anything." He looked away from you.

"No, Monty, no, it's not weird. I get it. You... make me happy too." You smiled.

"Really?"  He looked back towards you hesitantly.

"Yeah! And I know we've only known each other for like a few hours or whatever, but I think you're really cool! And... I think," You paused, hesitating slightly, "That I like you. Like, crush like."

Monty just kinda froze up when you said this, and you thought he was about to glitch out or something, when he just said, "Oh." There was a long pause, "I... think I like you too..?" 

Monty was unsure. Could that be why he always felt nervous when he got too close to you? Or why he felt the overwhelming urge to protect you? He didn't know, the guy hadn't even had a crush before! Was it even in his programming?! But when he saw how your eyes lit up, or how you smiled when he said that he liked you back, he felt sure that he liked you and that he cared about you, even if it was just a little bit.

You gasped, "You do? Really?" 

He sheepishly nodded, "Yeah! I do." 

You smiled widely, glad that he felt the same, and threw your arms around him excitedly. He was caught off guard by the hug at first, freezing up again for a few seconds before hugging you back tightly. 

After a few seconds, you guys pulled apart. You were blushing slightly. Monty wasn't, because he's a robot, but he was freaking out on the inside. 

After a few seconds, Monty spoke, "So like, what do people do with their 'crushes'"

You laughed, "Uh, I mean, sometimes they go on dates?"