3

"Been awhile since I've done this." Hyunjin said as he walked alongside Changbin who hummed lightly.

"So what's on the agenda today?" He asked as he brushed his hair back. "Sparring." Changbin answered as they walked to the fields where the trainees were. "Sounds fun." Hyunjin said as they walked toward Minho.

"Alright everyone." Minho announced as he looked over them. Stopping at Jeongin for a second before adverting his gaze. "Today we'll be sparring." He said as he held his hands behind his back, turning to look at Hyunjin who smiled dimly. "And we have a guest." Minho said as he cleared his throat.

"The Prince will be joining us." He said as he looked back at the trainees who started to whisper.

Typical, Hyunjin thought as he looked over them. Some of them were fairly built. Most however were thin and lean, probably easy to beat. Jeongin stood among them, staring at the floor like a kicked puppy dog. "Everyone please partner up. Each of you will have wooden swords and spar until someone has won, the winner will move on and the defeated will stay on the sides and watch." Changbin said as he crossed his arms.

"May luck be with you."

Hyunjin really didn't need luck. Not when he was trained since a young age, he had everything, skill, technique, stamina. He was taught by the best, had nothing to fear.

Most of the trainees had lack of skill and overall knowledge. They had horrible form and would definitely have to work on it. Hyunjin just had to sweep their feet out from under them and was moving on. Say the least a lot of them were out in less than ten minutes. Finally the actual decent matches started.

Hyunjin would be lying if he didn't say some of then were actually impressive, but it didn't matter how good your moves are if you aren't confident someone can find a way through.

A sigh left him as he knocked his opponent to the ground, not bothering to look at him as he moved on.

When he was finally finished there was one other group left.

Jeongin and another boy were paired up both of them in the middle of sparing. Hyunjin watched with a proud smile. Jeongin clearly had the upper hand as he manged to get clean strikes against the opposing male.

His sword came down again, sweat running down his forehead as he pressured the other male who narrowed his eyes as he gritted his teeth. With ease Jeongin knocked the sword from his hands, watching as it hit the ground. A smile had formed on his face as he started to turn to look at Minho, only for him to stumble back as the wooden sword hit him upside the head.

Hyunjins brows furrowed as he looked at the male who help a proud smirk as he jutted out his chest, like he had actually accomplished something.

"I think I'm the winner." He said with a cocky attitude as he looked at the generals. "Hyunjin please step up." Minho said as he looked over at the prince, his face still holding the same emotionless expression.

"He played a dirty move!" Hyunjin exclaimed in disbelief as he looked at the elder.

"You shoulder never turn your back to your opponent." Minho stated as his hands moved to interlock behind his back.

"You know that."

"Now please step up." Minho repeated. Hyunjin shook his head, dropping his sword as he raised his hands. "I forfeit." He said as he looked at the other with narrowed eyes, watching as Minho silenced.

"You can't just do that!" The trainee yelled as he looked at Hyunjin who strided forward towards Jeongin.

"I just did." He stated as he looked at the boys forhead. It was already starting to bruise and definitely wouldn't be pretty. He could tell Jeongin was trying to blink back tears as he bit his lip, obviously not wanting to cry in front of everyone. "I'll take him to the infirmary." Hyunjin said as he wrapped an arm around Jeongins shoulder as he looked back at Minho.

"Don't bother to stop by, even though I doubt you'll have the time."

His words were meant to be harsh, not bothering to see Minho's expression as he already starting walking Jeongin down to the palace.

Hyunjin stayed silent, noticing Jeongin wasn't in the best mood to talk. He kept his arm wrapped around the ravenette, humming ever so often as they continued down the corridor.

When they finally made it, the lady gave Jeongin some ice and pain killers, letting him sit on the bed and rest while Hyunjin gently held the ice to his forehead.

"You didn't have to forfeit, you know." Jeongin murmered as he looked down at the bed. "I know." Hyunjin said as he took off the ice for a second, looking at the bruise before applying it again. Jeongin cleared his throat. "I think I'm good, you can go." Jeongin mumbled as he placed his hand on the ice, Hyunjins pulling back as he nodded.

He sat outside of the curtains covering the bed, silent as he leaned back in the chair and stared outside at the multi hued leaves on the trees, watching as they swayed in the light breeze. And if it made Jeongin feel better he'd pretend like he hadn't heard him cry, and if Jeongin wants he'll let him stay in there until he's ready.

He doesn't mind.

Because he's felt the same way.

°°°

"You didn't show up to class." Chan sighed as he looked at Hyunjin who stayed quiet as he played with the pen in his hand. "I had someone to attend to." Hyunjin answered with a shrug as he looked at the elder who raised a brow.

"Isn't that right Minho Hyung." He said as he tilted his head to the side as he looked at the general who stayed silent for a moment before speaking. "Yes that's right." Minho said as he looked down at the floor. Chan looked back at Hyunjin who smiled thinly. "Hyunjin you have to start attending your classes." He sighed as the prince leaned back, clearly not interested in any of it.

"I'm gonna assign someone to you, and they'll have the job to make sure you attend classes." Chan said sternly watching as Hyunjin glanced up at him. "Fine." He said as he sat up watching as a surprised look formed on Chans face. "But only if I get to choose them." Hyunjin said as he messed with the pen.

"And how do I know you won't skip again?" Chan asked with narrowed eyes, a sigh leaving Hyunjin as he set the pen back down. "I promise to obey." He assured.

"Fine, but once you break that you'll be getting someone else." Chan said sternly as he leaned back a bit.

"So who do you want?"

A smile curled on his lips as he glanced at Minho before looking back at Chan.

"I'd like for Jeongin to accompany me."

/So basically this chapter is short since I wanna make this books chapters longer so I can get more story in.

Anywayyyss

Have a good day or night~