30. The Accord Signing

the next day

Matteo woke up to the sound of Natasha's voice. "Hey bug. Where here." She said as she rubbed Matteo's back. Matteo had taken a nap whole whole way to London. Matteo and Natasha had both taken a small quinjet to London. Matteo also heard about how after they go see Steve and Sam they will be heading to go sign the Accords. Matteo was very confused about signing something he doesn't know about. He knew he wasn't going to sign anything because Pietro and Wanda had both told him back when he was in Day Care, was to never sign anything you don't know of. So he wasn't going to do so, since that rule stuck with him.

Matteo sat up and did a yawn "w-where are we?" Matteo asked as he rubbed the tiredness out of his eyes. "Where in London kiddo. Well we won't be here for that long, since we have to fly back out in a bit." Nat said as she then grabbed a changed par of clothes for him. Matteo watched as she grabbed some fancy looking clothes for him "Whats the f-fancy clothes for?" Matteo asked as he looked at Nat with a confused look. "Oh. Well at Funerals and the place we are going to afterwards, we need to wear something nice. I'm going to go get changed right now. And after when I'm done you have to get dressed." She said as she went to go get changed in the bathroom.

Matteo did a little sigh as he looked down at Lyn, he then bit the inside of his cheek before he starting to think to himself. 'Does Wanda know I'm with Natty? Does anyone know I'm with Natty? I hope Nat doesn't make me sign anything. I wonder if I'll see Sammy and Steve after we are done 'signing' this stupid thingy.' Matteo wondered in his head.

As he was off in his head he didn't release that Nat was done. Natasha looked at the boy before she walked over and tapped his shoulder. Right when Matteo got tapped out of his thinking he looked at Nat "Hm?" He hummed as he then seen how she was wearing her nice clothes. "It's time to get ready. Go on I'll wait here." She said. Matteo got up "okayyy" he said as he then grabbed the clothes and waddled off to the bathroom to get ready. As Matteo was getting ready he noticed how he was going to be wearing a black button up along with black pants. He seen a long thin piece of fabric. He was confused when he seen it, he then walked out of the bathroom bringing it along. "Natty?? What's dis for??" Matteo asked as he showed Nat the thin long fabric. "Oh here give it to me, I'll help you put it on." Nat said as she then started to put the bow tie on Matteo. Matteo watched as she made the fabric turn into a cool looking bow. "Woah!" He said with a smile. "Alrighty now let's get going." She said as she picked Matteo up and started to head off to go into the church where the funeral was.

As Matteo seen the big church he looked at it in awe. He never seen anything so big and pretty. Right as he looked back down and seen the doors he seen Sam standing outside on his phone. Matteo smiled as he then started to wiggle out of Nat's grip. "Sammy!!" Matteo called out as he successfully got out of Nat's grip and ran over to him. Sam looked over with a surprised look on his face but then smiled "Little Wing!" He said with a smile as he then opened his arms out for Matteo. Matteo ran over and hugged him, Sam smiled and hugged him back. "What are you doing here? I thought you where with your sister." Sam stated as he looked down at the young Maximoff boy. "Oh I came to help Steve feel better!" Matteo blurted out as he looked around. "Where is he?" Matteo asked.

As Sam was about to say he looked over and seen Nat who stopped to see where he was. "He's inside. I'm out here giving him some space. Now how was your trip here?" Sam asked as he walked along with Matteo following him over to the curb to sit down. Matteo followed him as he then watched and seen Nat go inside, he then took this as his chance to ask sam what's going on with everyone. Since he didn't know why everyone was now on guard and not talking. "Sammy? Why is everyone acting like they hate each other? And why did Nat take me with her to go sign a stupid paper? Even though I'm not going to sign it doe.." Matteo asked as he looked at sam.