Summer of 76'

After Easter break Rose saw Sirius more often, she'd leave her dorm in the middle of the night to find him propped up on a window sill, one leg swinging over the side.

"Thorns." He'd say with a nod then hop down before tossing the invisibility cloak over them.

Frequently, they'd use the map to find Remus on his prefect rounds, and walk alongside him. At first, Moons seemed annoyed by the extra company, which, because of the cloak was just two disembodied voices, but by the time the end of the school year rolled around he'd come to enjoy their presence.

Nonetheless, In all that time, Sirius hadn't kissed her again.

June 30th 1976

On the ride back home this year Rose sat in the window seat next to Sirius and Peter took her usual spot next to James.

Peter didn't seem to mind the switch in seating much beside complaining that he wished he could just stay as a rat for the ride, Peter seemed rather fond of chilling out in his animagus form, sometimes Rose would come to hangout with the lads in their dorm and he would just sit in her lap as a small rat, it was quite endearing actually.

Once the chatter between the group had settled Rose took out her journal and began flipping through her botanical illustrations from the past year, she stopped on a few redesigns of her talking plant idea, ultimately professor Sprout wouldn't give the green-light for the experiment, something about the dangers of carnivorous plants.

How was it suppose to talk without a mouth professor? 

She closed the journal and placed it back into her bag, as she did so her fingers pushed against something that jogged her memory. She grabbed the small item from her bag, it was rough, rock shaped, and a pastel orange color.

"Hey, Worms, I almost forgot. I went back to that cave a few days ago, found a new crystal for you." She said with a smile handing over the small rock to Peter. Her silver ring shining  in the sunlight coming from the window.

"Oh! Thanks!" He said as he opened his own bag to place the crystal inside. The bag usually had a few in it so it made a clinging sound when he walked by.

You started learning about crystals and other alternative methods of magic in Divination, a branch if magic that focuses heavily on foreseeing the future. Peter seemed especially interested in the subject and all it's quirks and items. Recently it seemed like Peter would pick up rocks wherever they went, they'd sit on his bedside table, he'd even placed a tiny blue crystal in the flowerpot of Moony's flower for good luck. 

"No problem, Wormy." She said with a yawn, sitting her hear on Sirius' shoulder.

Remus looked her way at this, and Rose smiled sleepily before speaking.

"As per usual, I'm gonna get a nap. Wake me up when we get to King's Cross." She said as she closed her eyes.

July 31st 1976

Far too late into the night Rose heard a tap at her window.

Then another.

Then a few more, louder taps, and after those she could swear she heard someone agitatedly say "Sirius!"

She grabbed for her glasses and got up from her bed, looking out her bedroom window. That's when she saw three of the four marauders standing in her garden with pebbles in their hands. Peter waved excitedly, Sirius dropped his pile of significantly larger rocks, and Rose instantly(and as quietly as possible) hurried down the stairs and out into the garden.