chapter five

Chapter Five: Effortlessly Pretty

As I'm driving home from the bookstore I can't seem to get her out of my head

As I'm driving home from the bookstore I can't seem to get her out of my head. I don't think I've ever been like this. Sure I've been with girls but, with her it feels different. Like if she asked if I would do something for her I would do it no questions asked.

Shit I've barely spoken to her and she's got me rapped around her fingers and she doesn't even know it yet.

I pull into my drive way and open the front door. My Mom and Dad are in the kitchen with my little brother Jack, helping him with his homework.

My Mom is rubbing her temple while my dad is trying to keep calm and trying not to yell at Jack.

"Jack it isn't that hard. What is 9/3?" My Dad tries to say calmly but irritation is in his voice.

"I don't know." Jack looks tired and tears are in his eyes about to spill over. My heart breaks at the sight. Just because I'm not close with him doesn't mean I don't love him.

I come to their sides to see what the sheet is. It's multiplying and dividing the number 9. I'm honestly not the best with kids... or math... or school in general.

"How about we take a break and come back to it?" My Mom asks with a warm smile. Jack just nods and goes up stairs to his room. "Hi honey how was school?"

"School." I say with a small chuckle while opening the fridge door. My Mom just smiles and nods and starts preparing dinner.

I'm lucky to have such good parents. They've always been supportive and loving. "Why don't you go check on your brother hm?" my dad asks. I nod my head and make my way towards our stairs.

I get to his room and nock lightly on his door. I hear a small come in and slowly make my way into the room. I see Jack in the corner of his room on his beanbag reading a book.

I sit down next to him and see he's reading The Magic Tree House. "I remember reading that when I was your age." I say softly. He just looks up at me then back down to his book.

I let out a sigh knowing there's no point. I think for a moment and then remember what that girl says. I need to find out her name. I quickly remind myself. "Hey I found this bookstore close by. If you ever wanna go there together we can." I say with a smile on my face.

He looks up at me with his big pare of brown eyes. "Really?" He says with a confused but has a big smile on his face.

"Yeah just let me know when you wanna go." I say with an even bigger smile. He nods and I take that as my cue to leave. I close the door behind me knowing he likes his space.

I head to my room and decide to take shower. After I'm done with my shower I decide to do some homework but quickly decide to just do it later. Instead I do something way more important... find that girls instagram.

The only way I can hope to find it is by seeing if that bookstore has an instagram page. Shit what was the name of it? I quickly google book stores near me and it's the first to pop up. I hit their website they have and look around it. I see a small tab that says "About the owner" I tap on it hoping I can find her.

Then I see her. She's so effortlessly pretty. She has this small smile on her face and she's next to this tiny old lady and it looks like they are at a park. There're roses and trees behind them and it looks like the sun is setting.

She looks like an angel. I don't think I've ever seen someone so pretty. I scroll down and see that the photo has a little text box under it.

Hello! My name is Angelina Jones and I have been the owner ever sense my mother passed it down to me. I love books, baking, and chocolate cake! My closest friends is my cat Penelope and Willow (the girl in the photo)...

I don't read the rest. Willow. I say to myself then once out loud to just hear it.

AN:
heyyy sorry about this being kinda a short chapter but i hope you guys liked it!

2 of my friends have found this book... you know who you are😐

also sorry for not updating in a while... my b

have a good day, drink lots of water, eat some food, and get lots of sleep
-m