Chapter 8

Recap: "And I don't know which way it'll go but my guess, the family, the encanto, the fate of the miracle itself... Well it's all going to come down to you."

Papa suddenly takes the vision from Mirabel's hands.

"Or maybe I wrong. You know, it's a mystery. That's why this vision sucks," he starts to push Mira out, leaving me inside.

"Look if I could help anymore I would but, um, that's all I know. Good luck, I wish I could've soon more. And besides, I think I need to resolve some things with my son," he pushes her out, closing the door and then turning to me.

"Look, Mateo, I..." I cut him off with a giant hug.

"I missed you," I whisper with tears in my eyes.

He hugs me back, keeping me close.

"I'm really sorry about blowing up on you," I apologize, wiping the tears from my eyes and pulling back.

"No I should be the one apologizing. I'm the one who left you," he replies.

We stand in silence for a couple moments before I break it, "Did you mean it?" I ask him.

"Mean what?"

"What you said back there. How it worries you when I don't show up," I explain.

"Oh that. Yeah, I did. And it pains me about Abuela and everything, you know. You're my son, no matter what anyone says," he tells me truthfully.

"You're making my tear up again Papa," i say jokingly. He smiles softly.

"Oh, hey, how did your's and Anotonio's gift ceremony's go. I'm sorry I missed it," he apologizes.

"Ya, I missed you then. Otherwise, it... could've gone better," I say hesitantly.

"What happened?"

"Well, I got the gift of telekinesis, but lets just say the entire town is terrified of me," I say vaugely. "Watch."

I focus on a cup and my eyes glow green, the mist lifting it up. I keep it floating and turned to Bruno.

"I'm assuming the eyes have something to do with you," I say. He nods, watching my eyes fall back to their normal brown color.

"Yeah. And I didn't get to go to Antonio's. I only got to see the aftermath."

"I'm sorry for everything you've had to go through because of me," he says with a sad look.

"Yeah. By the way, other then the obvious, how did you truly figure out I was trans?" I ask, truly curious.

"Oh, well. I was just minding my own business with my rats, watching one of telenovas when Dolores came in and said she had something to tell me.

"So I listened and she told me that I didn't have a daughter anymore. And I was really worried because I was so scared something had happened to you but then she told me that I didn't have a daughter, I had a son. My son is Mateo Madrigal with an amazing gift in an amazing family. And I wouldn't change anything," he answers, holding me close.

"Thanks for accepting me."

"No problem kiddo," he says, turning me around and hugging me again.

However, the moment was ruined by the one and only amazing Mirabel who decides to burst in.

"You wish you could've seen more so see more. Have another vision!" She says very loudly, making Papa pull away from me instantly from startle.

"Oh, uh, no no. See, I don't do visions anymore," he stutters, backing away from Mirabel while keeping a tight grip on my hand as if not to loose me again.

"But you could," she pushes.

"But I won't," he answers, letting go of my hand and grabbing the broom to hold in front of him.

"You can't say the weight of the world is on your shoulders. The end," she grabs the broom from him.

"If our fates up to me, me says, have another vision," I roll my eyes, helping him up after he falls back.

"Mira, stop," I command with a harsh voice. She simply ignores me and goes on.

"Maybe it'll show me what to do."

"Look, even if I wanted to..." Papa starts but I cut him off.

"Which he doesn't," I add harshly, scowling at my cousin.

"Which I don't," he agrees, gesturing to me, "you wrecked my vision cave Which is a problem because I need a big open space."

"Well find one," Mira says happily.

"Where?" Papa asks.

"Use my room," a small voice says from the doorway. We look over to see little Antonio standing there with all his animals. "The rats told me everything. Don't eat those," he says to his leopard.

I go over to him and take the rats from his hands, placing them on the floor before hugging him tightly.

"What are you doing here Tonito? How did you get here?" I ask him, concerned.

"The rats told me that you guys needed help with something so I followed them on Spots," he gestures to his leopard again.

"And how long have you been standing there?" I ask again, putting him down and crouching to his level

"Long enough. Besides, I'm glad you found your papa again," he smiles. I chuckle quietly.

"You know, you are too cute for your own good, my little leopard," I tell him, picking him up again and spinning him around, throwing him in the air before placing him on my hip.

"Teo, I'm not a baby anymore. I can stand myself," he says, burying his head in my neck.

"I know. But you will always be my little leopard. And besides, this saves you from walking," I reply, adjusting my grip on him when I feel a pair of teeth on my ankle.

I look down to see the leopard biting at my leg, as if to say put him down, I shake him off, already seeing blood seep from the wound.

"Hey, don't do that. He's my brother," Antonio scolds.

"Guys, come on. Lets go to your room Antonio," Mira says, walking out the door, all the animals following her while Bruno stops beside me.

"Are you sure about this?" I ask him, looking to him with concern.

"Nope," he says confidently, walking off to Mirabel.

I sigh heavily, rolling my eyes before going after them with Antonio still on my hip, shaking the pain of my ankle off.

A/n: I made a door for Mateo and I'll post it in the next chapter tomorrow. But he warned that I ain't a drawer and that it looks very rough. Love you all ❤️