Chapter 1 | On The Streets

"...Crying Child, wake up."

"I've already said call me C.C... and what do you mean wake up, I can't sleep remember...!"

The boy sits up with a jolt, quickly taking in his surroundings and noticing he is no longer in his bedroom.

"What the heck!? I can't fall asleep! What happened!? Where am I!?" The boy exclaims in shock.

He is pulled into the arms of another man... no that wasn't right... into an animatronic's arms. Looking up, he meets the face of the leader of his nightmares, you guessed it, Nightmare. He was currently in human form (No he is not possessed), pulling C.C closer to his side in an attempt to calm him down.

The boy relaxes slightly, trying to calm his nerves as he continues to scan the area for danger. "Nightmare, where are we?"

"I am... unsure... I remember seeing you pass out in the middle of a conversation with your brother in your room, then everything went black for me as well. When I awoke, we were both already here. I woke you up right after scanning the area."

"And... where is here exactly? Looks like an alleyway." C.C questions.

"It appears to be so." The older looking boy pauses, looking down at the younger, "I would advise you to turn on your illusion disk if you have it at hand. I doubt that it is normal for a child to have blood running down their head, or have a lack of actual eyes."

"I'm technically older than you, stop treating me like a child." The younger looking boy argues, but still turning on his disk.

"I was created almost as soon as you could think solid thoughts, Crying Child. And in addition to that, you died as a child and to this day still look no older than thirteen."

"I can just have Michael make me another illusion disk that makes me look older! Just like he did with Elijah!" (Ennard's soul)

"If you would like to do that, let's focus on figuring out where we are first."

"Right..." The younger looking boy says, deflating.

"Also, if I may ask, have you calmed down enough for me to let you go?" Nightmare questions.

C.C nods, pulling himself away from Nightmare's side and standing up. The animatronic also gets up, dusting himself off. The younger looking boy starts to walk forward, only to find the world suddenly spinning as he tips over, starting to fall. He is caught by the animatronic, who sets him upright again.

"Are you alright Crying Child?"

"C.C! It's C.C! And yes, I'm fine!" The boy exclaims, before the nausea hits him again. "Never mind, I kinda want to puke... ew."

Nightmare grabs his hand, making him jump before quickly relaxing again. The younger looking boy was led by the older looking out of the alleyway, doing his best not to wince from the pain in his head. They make it out onto the streets, only to be met with a sight that they never thought they would see. There were people everywhere using magical abilities that shouldn't exist! Some were using ice to skate around, some had their heads on fire, and there were even a few fighting each other up in the air.

A sudden voice snaps the pair out of their daze, "Hey you two! Get out of the way!"

They watch as part of a giant building came flying towards them, making Nightmare quickly pick C.C up and running to the side, barely avoiding the falling stone.