29

It was finally the day.

Your class was handed yellow headbands and everyone headed outside.

All classes were wearing their gym clothes, which consisted of a plain white t-shirt and navy colored shorts with a white stripe going down on either side.

Everyone was with their own classmates, wearing their assigned color headbands.

The sun was scorching down on them on this cloudless day. Thankfully, you had a bottle of sun screen prepared.

"Hey, let me have some of that," said Uotani. You squirted some into her hand.

"We should've had black headbands," said Hanajima as she tied her yellow headband around her head.

"There aren't even any black headbands," said Kyo.

"I only see red, green, purple, blue... ooh there's pink!" said Tohru as she observed the other classes.

(Fyi, the pink headbands were Kimi's idea.)

"Well, the school should incorporate black headbands next year. You can never go wrong with black," said Hanajima.

"Well, she's not wrong," you said as you tied your hair up.

"Y/n! Tohru!" It was Momiji and Haru. They were heading your way with their orange headbands on.

"Momiji-kun! Haru-kun!" exclaimed Tohru.

"Yo," said Haru.

"Hey," you said.

"I'm so pumped right now! I swear, our class will come up on top as number 1!" said Momiji as he playfully swung at the air.

"I wish you luck!" said Tohru.

"Thanks, Tohru!"

"Don't wish them anything, Tohru. You're part of our class, not theirs. We'll be the ones taking first place," said Kyo with a determined smirk.

"Oh yeah? We'll see about that, kitty," said Haru with a blank expression.

Kyo glared at him. "Mark my words, we'll beat your class fair and square!"

"Oh wait, did you notice?" asked Momiji, changing the subject.

"Notice what?"

"We have headbands the same color as your hair!"

Kyo stared at him with a perplexed eyebrow raise. "So?" 

"And we have the same color headband as your hair as well, Momiji-kun!" said Tohru.

"Haha! You're right!" said Momiji.

"Everyone, please get to your class's stationed areas!" announced Kakeru. He was standing at the front with a megaphone in his hand.

"Good luck, you guys!" said Momiji as he and Haru left.

You and Tohru waved back.

"Welcome to our school sports festival! The sports festival is a competition for all the classes from the first to the third year. The better your performance is in each game, the more points your class gets. The class with the most points wins," explained Kakeru.

"But... to make things more interesting, we decided to include a grand prize for the winning class! Drumrolls please!"

Suddenly, a drumroll sound was played over the speakers. Kimi walked out carrying something with a cloth over it.

She removed the white cloth, revealing what was underneath. "The winning class gets a picture of Yuki, our school's one and only president, prince, and idol!"